Frequently Asked Questions
Press and hold the (+) Button and the (–) Button at the same time for 1 second to power on. The blue LED turns on and you will hear ascending beeps and “Hello”.
Press the (+) Button and the (–) Button at the same time. The red LED turns on for about 2 seconds until it turns off completely and you will hear “Goodbye” and descending beeps.
You can charge the 3S by connecting the supplied USB power & data cable into a computer USB port or USB wall charger. You can use any standard micro-USB cable to charge the 3S. The LED turns red while charging, and turns blue when the headset is fully charged. It takes about 2.5 hours to fully charge.
Please make sure to take off your 3S-installed helmet while charging.
1. The USB power & data cable is also used for firmware upgrade of the 3S.
2. The USB wall charger is not included in the package. Any 3rd party USB
charger can be used with Sena products if the charger is approved by either
FCC, CE, IC, or other locally approved agencies that Sena accepts. Please
contact Sena regarding locally approved agencies Sena accepts.
You can check the battery level in two different ways when the headset is powering on.
When the headset is powering on, the red LED flashes rapidly indicating the battery level.
Voice Prompt Indicator
When you power on the headset, keep pressing and holding the (+) Button and (–) Button simultaneously for about 3 seconds until you hear three high tone beeps. Then you will hear a voice prompt indicating the battery level. However, if you release the buttons as soon as the headset turns on, you will not hear the voice prompt for the battery level.
Adjusting the Volume Level
You can easily adjust the volume by pressing the (+) Button or the (–) Button. You will hear a beep when the volume reaches maximum or minimum level. The volume is set and maintained independently at different levels for each audio source even when you turn off and on the headset. For example, once you set the volume for mobile phone handsfree, it will not change even if you adjust the volume when you hear Bluetooth MP3 music. So you can always maintain the preferred
optimum volume level for each audio source.
Mobile Phone Pairing
1 Turn on the 3S and press and hold the (+) Button for 5 seconds until the LED flashes red and blue alternately and you hear multiple beeps. You will hear a voice prompt saying “Phone pairing”.
2. Search for Bluetooth devices on your mobile phone. Select the Sena 3S in the list of the devices detected on the mobile phone.
3. Enter 0000 for the PIN. Some mobile phones may not ask for the PIN.
4. The mobile phone confirms that pairing has completed and the 3S is ready to use. You will hear a voice prompt from the 3S saying “Your headset is paired”.
5. If the pairing process is not completed within three minutes, the 3S will return to stand-by mode.
Mobile Phone Call Making and Answering
1. When you have an incoming call, simply press the (+) Button to answer the call.
2. You can also answer the incoming call by loudly speaking any word of your choice if Voice Activated Phone Answering, VOX phone is enabled. (Refer to “Enabling/Disabling Voice Activated Phone Answering” for details.)
3. To end a call, press and hold the (+) Button for 2 seconds until you hear a mid-tone single beep, or wait for the called person to end the call.
4. To reject a call, press and hold the (–) Button for 2 seconds until you hear a beep while the phone is ringing.
5. There are several ways to make a phone call:
• Enter numbers on your mobile phone keypad and make a call.
Then the call is automatically transferred to the headset.
• Press and hold the (+) Button for 3 seconds in stand-by mode
until you hear a high tone single beep to activate the voice dialing
of your mobile phone. For this, the voice dialing feature must be
available on the mobile phone. Refer to your mobile phone manual
for further instruction.
• To redial the last number, press and hold the (–) Button for 3
seconds in stand-by mode until you hear a high tone single beep.
You will hear a voice prompt saying “Last number redial”.
You can listen to stereo music by Bluetooth wireless stereo. The Bluetooth audio device must be paired with the 3S by following the “Bluetooth Stereo Device Pairing” instructions. The 3S supports the Audio/Video Remote Control Profile (AVRCP), so if your Bluetooth audio device also supports
the AVRCP, you can use the 3S to remotely control music playback. So, you can not only adjust the volume but also use the functions such as play, pause, track forward and track backward.
• To adjust the volume, press the (+) Button or the (–) Button.
• To play or pause music, press and hold the (+) Button for 1 second
until you hear a double beep.
• To track forward or track back, press and hold the (+) Button or the (–)
Button for 2 seconds until you hear a double beep.
Go in to the configuration menu. To restore factory default settings on the 3S, press the (+) Button until you hear a voice prompt, “Factory reset”. Press the (–) Button to confirm.
The 3S powers off with a voice prompt, “Headset reset, goodbye”.
When the 3S is not working properly or is in faulty status for any reason, you may reset by pushing the pin-hole reset button on the left speaker unit. Insert a paper clip into the reset pin-hole and press and hold the reset button for a second with light pressure. The 3S will be switched off. Turn the system back on and try again. However, this will not restore the headset to factory default settings.
Pairing with Other 3S Headsets for Intercom Conversation
The 3S can be paired with another headset for Bluetooth intercom
1. Turn on the two 3S headsets (A and B) that you would like to pair with each other.
2. Press and hold the (–) Button of the headset A and B for 5 seconds until the red LEDs of both units start to flash rapidly. You will hear a voice prompt saying “Intercom pairing”.
3. Simply press the (–) Button of either of the two headsets A or B (It doesn’t matter that you choose A or B) and wait until the LEDs of both headsets turn to blue and intercom connection is automatically established. The two 3S headsets A and B are paired with each other for intercom conversation. If the pairing process is not completed within one minute, the 3S will return to stand-by mode.
Starting and Ending Intercom Conversation
1. You can start an intercom conversation with your intercom friend by pressing and holding the (–) Button for 1 second.
2. To terminate an intercom conversation, press and hold the (–) Button for 1 second again.