Frequently Asked Questions
To power on the 10S headset, press the Phone Button and the Jog Dial at the same time while hearing ascending beeps and a voice prompt,
To power off the 10S headset, press the Phone Button and the Jog
Dial at the same time while hearing descending beeps and a voice
You can charge the headset by connecting the supplied USB power & data cable into a computer’s USB port or USB wall charger. You can use any standard micro USB cable to charge the units. You can also charge them on the road using the cigarette charger. The charging LED turns red while charging and turns blue when fully charged. It takes about 2.5 hours to be completely charged.
You can check the battery level in two different ways when the headset is powering on.
When the headset is powering on, the red LED flashes rapidly indicating the battery level.
4 flashes = High, 70 ~ 100%
3 flashes = Medium, 30 ~ 70%
2 flashes = Low, 0 ~ 30%
Voice Prompt Indicator
When you power on the headset, keep pressing the Phone Button and the Jog Dial simultaneously for about 3 seconds until you hear three, high toned beeps. Then you will hear a voice prompt indicating the battery level. However, if you release the buttons as soon as the headset turns on, you will not hear a voice prompt for the battery level indication.
You can easily adjust the volume by rotating the Jog Dial. You will hear a beep when the volume reaches the maximum or minimum level. The volume is set and maintained independently at different levels for each audio source even when you reboot the headset. For example, once you set the volume for mobile phone handsfree, it will not change even if you adjust the volume for your Bluetooth MP3 music. However, if you adjust the volume during stand-by mode, it will affect volume levels of every audio source.
- Press and hold the Phone Button for 5 seconds until you hear a voice prompt, “Phone pairing”.
- Search for Bluetooth devices on your mobile phone. Select the Sena 10S in the list of the devices detected on the mobile phone.
- Enter 0000 for the PIN. Some mobile phones may not ask for the PIN.
- The mobile phone confirms that pairing has been completed and the 10S is ready to use. You will hear a voice prompt, “Your headset is paired”.
- If the pairing process is not completed within three minutes, the 10S will return to stand-by mode.
1. Press and hold the Jog Dial for 5 seconds until you will hear a voice prompt saying “Intercom pairing”.
2. Within 2 seconds, double tap the Phone Button and you will hear the voice prompt saying “GPS pairing”.
3. Search for Bluetooth devices on the GPS navigation. Select the Sena 10S in the list of the devices detected on the GPS.
4. Enter 0000 for the PIN.
You can remotely control the 10S via Bluetooth using the Handlebar Remote (sold separately). This eliminates the need to take off your hand for button operations. Your 10S and the Handlebar Remote must be paired together before use.
1. Turn on the 10S and the Handlebar Remote.
2. Press the Jog Dial for 10 seconds to enter the configuration menu. Rotate the Jog Dial until you hear a voice prompt saying, “Remote control pairing”. Press the Phone Button to enter into Remote Control Pairing mode and the red LED will flash rapidly and you will hear multiple beeps.
3. On the Handlebar Remote, press the Rear Button for 5 seconds until its LED flashes red and blue. The 10S will automatically perform pairing with the Handlebar Remote in pairing mode. You will hear a voice prompt, “Remote control connected”, when they are successfully connected.
1. When you have an incoming call, simply tap the Phone Button or the Jog Dial to answer the call.
2. You can also answer the incoming call by loudly speaking any word of your choice if Voice Activated Phone Answering (VOX Phone) is enabled, unless you are connected to intercom.
3. To end a call, tap the Phone Button or press the Jog Dial for 2 seconds until you hear a mid-tone single beep, or wait for the called person to end the call.
4. To reject a call, press the Jog Dial for 2 seconds until you hear a beep while the phone is ringing.
5. There are several ways to make a phone call:
– Enter numbers on your mobile phone’s keypad and make a call. Then the call is automatically transferred to the headset.
– Tap the Phone Button in stand-by mode to activate the voice dialer of your mobile phone. For this, the voice dialing function must be available on the mobile phone. Refer to your mobile phone manual for further instruction.
The Bluetooth audio device must be paired with the 10S. The 10S supports the Audio/Video Remote Control Profile (AVRCP), so if your Bluetooth audio device also supports the AVRCP, you can use the 10S to remotely control music playback. Not only can you adjust the volume but you can also use functions such as play, pause, next track and previous track
1. To play or pause music, press and hold the Jog Dial for 1 second until you hear a double beep.
2. To adjust the volume, rotate the Jog dial.
3. To track forward or track back, rotate while pressing the Jog Dial clockwise or counter clockwise.
Plug your non-Bluetooth stereo MP3 player directly to the 10S by using the enclosed 3.5mm stereo audio jack cable. To adjust the volume, rotate the Jog dial on the headset. You may adjust the volume on the MP3 player also.
You can start sharing music with an intercom friend using Bluetooth stereo music during a two-way intercom conversation (please refer to section 8.1, “Two-way Intercom” ). When you terminate music sharing, you can go back to the intercom conversation. To start or terminate sharing music, press the Jog Dial for 1 second during an intercom conversation until you hear a double beep. To track forward or track back, rotate while pressing the Jog Dial clockwise or counterclockwise.
Starting Two-way Intercom
You can start an intercom conversation with one of any intercom friends by tapping the Jog Dial. Tap the Jog Dial once to intercom with the first intercom friend, tap the Jog Dial twice to intercom with the second intercom friend, and tap the Jog Dial three times to intercom with the third intercom friend.
Ending Two-way Intercom
You can end an intercom conversation by using the Jog Dial. Press and hold the Jog Dial for 1 second to end any intercom. Or, you can single tap to end intercom with the first intercom friend, double tap to end intercom with the second intercom friend, and triple tap to end intercom with the third intercom friend.
Starting Three-way Intercom
You (A) can have a three-way conference intercom with two other 10S friends (B & C) by establishing two intercom connections simultaneously. While a three-way conference intercom is in progress, mobile phone connection of all three participants is temporarily disconnected. However, as soon as the conference intercom terminates or one of the participants leaves the intercom, all mobile phones automatically reconnect to their headsets. If you have an incoming mobile phone call during the conference intercom, terminate the conference intercom to automatically reconnect and receive the phone call.
1. You (A) need to be paired with two other friends (B & C) for threeway conference intercom.
2. Start an intercom conversation with one of the two friends in your intercom group. For example, you (A) may start an intercom conversation with the intercom friend (B). Or intercom friend (B) may start an intercom call with you (A).
3. You (A) can call the second intercom friend (C) by double tapping the Jog Dial, or the second intercom friend (C) may join the intercom by making an intercom call to you (A).
4. Now you (A) and two 10S intercom friends (B & C) are having a three-way conference intercom.
Ending Three-way Intercom
You can completely terminate the conference intercom or just disconnect an intercom connection with one of your active intercom friends.
1. Press the Jog Dial for 3 seconds until you hear a beep to terminate three-way conference intercom completely. It terminates both intercom connections with (B) and (C).
2. Tap or double tap the Jog Dial to disconnect intercom connection with one of the two intercom friends accordingly. For example, by single tapping the Jog Dial, you can terminate the intercom connection with just the first intercom friend (B). However, you still have the intercom connection with your second intercom friend (C).
Group Intercom allows you to instantly create a multi-way conference
intercom with three other most recently paired headsets.
1. Go through intercom pairing with up to three headsets you want to
have Group Intercom with.
2. Press the Jog Dial for 3 seconds to begin Group Intercom. The
LED will flash green and you will hear a voice prompt, “Group
3. To terminate Group Intercom, press the Jog Dial for 1 second
during Group Intercom. You will hear a voice prompt, “Group
To turn on the FM radio, press the Phone Button for 1 second until you hear a mid-toned double beep sound. You will then hear a voice prompt, “FM on”. To turn off the FM radio, press the Phone Button for
1 second until you hear a voice prompt, “FM off”. When you power it off, the 10S will remember the last station frequency. When you power it on, the last station frequency will be playing.
“Seek” is the function that searches for station to station frequencies. To use the “Seek” function, please follow the procedure below:
1. Rotate while pressing the Jog Dial clockwise or counter-clockwise to search down or up the station dial.
2. If the tuner finds a station while searching frequencies, it stops the seek function.
3. To save the current station, press and hold the Jog Dial for 1 second until you hear a voice prompt, “Preset (#)”.
4. Rotate the Jog Dial in order to select which preset number you want for that specific station. You can save up to 10 preset stations. (You may cancel the preset operation by waiting approximately 10 seconds. You will then hear “Save preset cancelled”. You can also rotate the Jog Dial until you hear “Cancel”. Tap the
Jog Dial to confirm cancellation. You will then hear “Save preset cancelled”.)
5. To save the current station, tap the Jog Dial again. You will then hear a voice prompt, “Save preset (#)”.
6. To delete the saved station in the preset number, tap the Phone Button. You will then hear a voice prompt, “Delete preset (#)”.
“Scan” is the function that automatically searches station frequencies, starting from the current frequency and up. To use the scan function, please follow the procedures below:
1. Double tap the Phone Button. Then the current station frequency moves upward to find other station frequencies.
2. If the tuner finds a station, it stays at the station frequency for 8 seconds, then scanning to the next station frequency.
3. Scan function stops when you double tap the Phone Button again.
4. To save a station while scanning frequencies, tap the Phone Button when at that station. You will hear a voice prompt from the 10S, “Save preset (#)”. The station will be saved as the next preset number.
5. All stations preset during “Scan”, will overwrite previously set stations.
When the 10S is not working properly or is in faulty status for any reason, you may reset by pushing the pin-hole reset button. Insert a paper clip into the reset pin-hole and press the reset button for a second with light pressure. The 10S will be switched off. Restart the system and try again. This will not restore the headset to factory default settings.
1. To restore the 10S to factory default settings, press and hold the Phone Button for 10 seconds until the LED shows solid red and you hear “Factory reset”.
2. Within 10 seconds, press the Jog Dial to confirm reset. The headset will be restored to factory setting and switched off automatically. You will hear, “Headset reset, goodbye”.
3. If you press the Phone Button or leave the Jog Dial for 10 seconds, the reset attempt is cancelled and the headset returns to stand-by mode. You will hear a voice prompt, “Cancelled”.