Frequently Asked Questions
To power on the 10S headset, press the Phone Button and the Jog Dial at the same time while hearing ascending beeps and a voice prompt,
To power off the 10S headset, press the Phone Button and the Jog
Dial at the same time while hearing descending beeps and a voice
You can charge the headset by connecting the supplied USB power & data cable into a computer’s USB port or USB wall charger. You can use any standard micro USB cable to charge the units. You can also charge them on the road using the cigarette charger. The charging LED turns red while charging and turns blue when fully charged. It takes about 2.5 hours to be completely charged.
WARNING: When charging the battery, use only the approved charger provided by the manufacturer. Use of a non-approved charger may cause fire, explosion, leakage, and other hazards which may also reduce the life time or performance of the battery.
CAUTION: Please make sure to take off your 10S-installed helmet while charging. The headset automatically turns off during charging.
Note: Any 3rd party USB charger can be used with Sena products if the charger is approved by either the FCC, CE, IC or other locally approved agencies that Sena accepts.
You can check the battery level in two different ways when the headset is powering on.
When the headset is powering on, the red LED flashes rapidly indicating the battery level.
4 flashes = High, 70 ~ 100%
3 flashes = Medium, 30 ~ 70%
2 flashes = Low, 0 ~ 30%
Voice Prompt Indicator
When you power on the headset, keep pressing the Phone Button and the Jog Dial simultaneously for about 3 seconds until you hear three, high toned beeps. Then you will hear a voice prompt indicating the battery level. However, if you release the buttons as soon as the headset turns on, you will not hear a voice prompt for the battery level indication.
You can easily adjust the volume by rotating the Jog Dial. You will hear a beep when the volume reaches the maximum or minimum level. The volume is set and maintained independently at different levels for each audio source even when you reboot the headset. For example, once you set the volume for mobile phone handsfree, it will not change even if you adjust the volume for your Bluetooth MP3 music. However, if you adjust the volume during stand-by mode, it will affect volume levels of every audio source.
- Press and hold the Phone Button for 5 seconds until you hear a voice prompt, “Phone pairing”.
- Search for Bluetooth devices on your mobile phone. Select the Sena 10S in the list of the devices detected on the mobile phone.
- Enter 0000 for the PIN. Some mobile phones may not ask for the PIN.
- The mobile phone confirms that pairing has been completed and the 10S is ready to use. You will hear a voice prompt, “Your headset is paired”.
- If the pairing process is not completed within three minutes, the 10S will return to stand-by mode.
- If the Bluetooth connection between the headset and a mobile phone is disconnected, tap the Phone Button to recover the Bluetooth connection immediately.
- If the Bluetooth connection between the headset and a media player is disconnected, press the Jog Dial for 1 second to recover the Bluetooth connection and play.
1. Press and hold the Jog Dial for 5 seconds until you will hear a voice prompt saying “Intercom pairing”.
2. Within 2 seconds, double tap the Phone Button and you will hear the voice prompt saying “GPS pairing”.
3. Search for Bluetooth devices on the GPS navigation. Select the Sena 10S in the list of the devices detected on the GPS.
4. Enter 0000 for the PIN.
When Audio Multitasking is enabled, if you pair your GPS device via GPS Pairing, its instructions will not interrupt your intercom conversations, but will overlay with them.
On your Sena headset, enter the Configuration Menu and cycle to the "Remote Control Pairing" option. Select "Remote Control Pairing" to place the headset into pairing mode. For the Handlebar Remote, hold down the Rear Button for 5 seconds until the LED flashes red and blue rapidly to place it into pairing mode. For the Wristband Remote, hold down the Top Button for 5 seconds until the LED flashes red and blue rapidly to place it into pairing mode. When they are both in pairing mode then wait for devices to pair together.
Answer a Call
1. When you have an incoming call, simply tap the Phone Button or the Jog Dial to answer the call.
2. You can also answer the incoming call by loudly speaking any word of your choice if Voice Activated Phone Answering (VOX Phone) is enabled, unless you are connected to intercom.
End a Call
To end a call, tap the Phone Button or press the Jog Dial for 2 seconds until you hear a mid-tone single beep, or wait for the called person to end the call.
Reject a Call
To reject a call, press the Jog Dial for 2 seconds until you hear a beep while the phone is ringing.
Tap the Phone Button in stand-by mode to activate the voice dialer of your mobile phone. For this, the voice dialing function must be available on the mobile phone. Refer to your mobile phone manual for further instruction.
The Bluetooth audio device must be paired with the 10S. The 10S supports the Audio/Video Remote Control Profile (AVRCP), so if your Bluetooth audio device also supports the AVRCP, you can use the 10S to remotely control music playback. Not only can you adjust the volume but you can also use functions such as play, pause, next track and previous track
1. To play or pause music, press and hold the Jog Dial for 1 second until you hear a double beep.
2. To adjust the volume, rotate the Jog dial.
3. To track forward or track back, rotate while pressing the Jog Dial clockwise or counter clockwise.
Plug your non-Bluetooth stereo MP3 player directly to the 10S by using the enclosed 3.5mm stereo audio jack cable. To adjust the volume, rotate the Jog dial on the headset. You may adjust the volume on the MP3 player also.
The 10S can be paired with up to three other headsets for Bluetooth
1. Turn on the two 10S headsets (A and B) that you would like to pair
with each other.
2. Press and hold the Jog Dial of the headset A and B for 5 seconds
until red LEDs of the both units start to flash rapidly. You will hear
a voice prompt, “Intercom pairing”.
3. Tap the Jog Dial on any one of the two headsets A and B, and
wait until the LEDs of both headsets turn to blue and intercom
connection is automatically established. The two 10S headsets A
and B are paired with each other for intercom conversation. If the
pairing process is not completed within one minute, the 10S will
return to stand-by mode.
Three-way Universal Intercom
You may make a three-way Universal Intercom connection with two
10Ss and one non-Sena Bluetooth headset. If the intercom connection
is made, all headsets connected cannot use the mobile phone call
function since the connection between the headset and the phone is
disconnected temporarily. If you disconnect the intercom call, the
mobile phone connection is made again automatically so that you can
use a mobile phone call function.
1. You (A) need to be paired with a non-Sena Bluetooth headset
(B) and another 10S headset (C) for the three-way conference
2. Start an intercom conversation with non-Sena Bluetooth headset
(B) in your intercom group. For example, you (A) may start an
intercom conversation with non-Sena Bluetooth headset (B). The
non-Sena Bluetooth headset (B) may also start an intercom call
with you (A).
3. The other 10S (C) may join the intercom by making an intercom
call to you (A).
4. Now you (A), non-Sena Bluetooth headset (B), and the other 10S
(C) are having a three-way conference intercom.
Group Intercom allows you to instantly create a multi-way conference
intercom with three other most recently paired headsets.
1. Go through intercom pairing with up to three headsets you want to
have Group Intercom with.
2. Press the Jog Dial for 3 seconds to begin Group Intercom. The
LED will flash green and you will hear a voice prompt, “Group
3. To terminate Group Intercom, press the Jog Dial for 1 second
during Group Intercom. You will hear a voice prompt, “Group
To turn on the FM radio, press the Phone Button for 1 second until you hear a mid-toned double beep sound. You will then hear a voice prompt, “FM on”. To turn off the FM radio, press the Phone Button for
1 second until you hear a voice prompt, “FM off”. When you power it off, the 10S will remember the last station frequency. When you power it on, the last station frequency will be playing.
“Scan” is the function that automatically searches station frequencies, starting from the current frequency and up. To use the scan function, please follow the procedures below:
1. Double tap the Phone Button. Then the current station frequency moves upward to find other station frequencies.
2. If the tuner finds a station, it stays at the station frequency for 8 seconds, then scanning to the next station frequency.
3. Scan function stops when you double tap the Phone Button again.
4. To save a station while scanning frequencies, tap the Phone Button when at that station. You will hear a voice prompt from the 10S, “Save preset (#)”. The station will be saved as the next preset number.
5. All stations preset during “Scan”, will overwrite previously set stations.
“Seek” is the function that searches for station to station frequencies. To use the “Seek” function, please follow the procedure below:
1. Rotate while pressing the Jog Dial clockwise or counter-clockwise to search down or up the station dial.
2. If the tuner finds a station while searching frequencies, it stops the seek function.
3. To save the current station, press and hold the Jog Dial for 1 second until you hear a voice prompt, “Preset (#)”.
4. Rotate the Jog Dial in order to select which preset number you want for that specific station. You can save up to 10 preset stations. (You may cancel the preset operation by waiting approximately 10 seconds. You will then hear “Save preset cancelled”. You can also rotate the Jog Dial until you hear “Cancel”. Tap the
Jog Dial to confirm cancellation. You will then hear “Save preset cancelled”.)
5. To save the current station, tap the Jog Dial again. You will then hear a voice prompt, “Save preset (#)”.
6. To delete the saved station in the preset number, tap the Phone Button. You will then hear a voice prompt, “Delete preset (#)”.
- To restore the 10S to factory default settings, press and hold the Phone Button for 10 seconds until the LED shows solid red and you hear “Factory reset”.
- Within 10 seconds, press the Jog Dial to confirm reset. The headset will be restored to factory setting and switched off automatically. You will hear, “Headset reset, goodbye”.
- If you press the Phone Button or leave the Jog Dial for 10 seconds, the reset attempt is cancelled and the headset returns to stand-by mode. You will hear a voice prompt, “Cancelled”
When the 10S is not working properly or is in faulty status for any reason, you may reset by pushing the pin-hole reset button. Insert a paper clip into the reset pin-hole and press the reset button for a second with light pressure. The 10S will be switched off. Restart the system and try again. This will not restore the headset to factory default settings.