Frequently Asked Questions
To power on the headset, press the Center Button and the (+) Button at the same time while hearing ascending beeps and a voice prompt, “Hello”.
To power off the headset, press the Center Button and the (+) Button at the same time while hearing descending beeps and a voice prompt, “Goodbye”.
You can charge the headset by connecting the supplied USB power & data cable into a computer’s USB port or USB wall charger. You can use any standard micro USB cable to charge the unit. You can also charge it on the road using the cigarette charger. The charging LED turns red while charging and turns blue when fully charged. It takes about 2.5 hours to be completely charged.
You can check the battery level by the LED indicator.
When the headset is powering on, the red LED flashes rapidly indicating the battery level.
4 flashes = High, 70 ~ 100%
3 flashes = Medium, 30 ~ 70%
2 flashes = Low, 0 ~ 30%
Voice Prompt indicator.
When you power on the headset, keep pressing the Center Button and the (+) Button simultaneously for about 3 seconds until you hear three, high toned beeps. Then you will hear a voice prompt indicating the
battery level. However, if you release the buttons as soon as the headset turns on, you will not hear a voice prompt for the battery level indication.
You can easily adjust the volume by tapping the (+) Button or the (-) Button. You will hear a beep when the volume reaches the maximum or minimum level. The volume is set and maintained independently at different levels for each audio source even when you reboot the headset. For example, once you set the volume for mobile phone handsfree, it will not change even if you adjust the volume for your Bluetooth MP3 music. However, if you adjust the volume during standby mode, it will affect volume levels of every audio source.
Mobile Phone Pairing - Mobile Phone, Bluetooth Stereo Device
Before using the 10R Bluetooth headset with any other Bluetooth devices for the first time, you will need to pair them together. You can pair the 10R with Bluetooth mobile phones, Bluetooth stereo devices
such as MP3 players, or motorcycle specific Bluetooth GPS navigation, and with other Sena Bluetooth headsets. The pairing operation is required only once for each Bluetooth device. The headset remains paired with the devices and automatically reconnects to them when they are within range. You will hear a high toned single beep and a voice prompt whenever the headset reconnects to the paired device: “Phone connected” to a mobile phone, “Media connected” to a Bluetooth stereo device.
To pair your mobile phone:
1. To enter the voice configuration menu, press and hold the Center Button for 10 seconds until you hear the voice prompt, “Configuration menu”.
2. By tapping the (+) Button, you will hear the voice prompt, “Phone pairing”.
3. Enter 0000 for the PIN. Some mobile phones may not ask for the PIN.
4. The mobile phone confirms that pairing has completed and the 10R is ready to use. You will hear a voice prompt, “Your headset is paired”.
5. If the pairing process is not completed within three minutes, the 10R will return to stand-by mode.
1. Press and hold the Center Button for 10 seconds until you will hear a voice prompt saying “Configuration menu”.
2. Tap the (+) Button until you will hear a voice prompt saying “GPS pairing”.
3. Search for Bluetooth devices on the GPS navigation device. Select the Sena 10R in the list of the devices detected on the GPS.
4. Enter 0000 for the PIN when prompted.
You can remotely control the 10R via Bluetooth using the Handlebar Remote (sold separately). This eliminates the need to take off your hand for button operations. Your 10R and the Handlebar Remote must
be paired together before use.
Pairing with the Handlebar Remote:
1. Turn on the 10R and the Handlebar Remote.
2. Press the Center Button for 10 seconds to enter the configuration menu. Tap the (+) Button until you hear a voice prompt saying, “Remote control pairing”. Press the Center Button to enter into Remote Control Pairing mode and the red LED will flash rapidly and you will hear multiple beeps.
3. On the Handlebar Remote, press the Rear Button for 5 seconds until its LED flashes red and blue. The 10R will automatically perform pairing with the Handlebar Remote in pairing mode. You will hear a voice prompt, “Remote control connected”, when they are successfully connected.
Using the Handlebar Remote
Handlebar Remote button operations on various functions are described in the table below.
1. When you have an incoming call, tap the Center Button to answer the call.
2. You can also answer the incoming call by loudly speaking anyword of your choice if Voice Activated Phone Answering (VOX Phone) is enabled, unless you are connected to intercom.
3. To end a call, press the Center Button for 2 seconds until you hear a mid-tone single beep, or wait for the called person to end the call.
4. To reject a call, press the Center Button for 2 seconds until you hear a beep while the phone is ringing.
5. There are several ways to make a phone call:
– Enter numbers on your mobile phone’s keypad and make a call. Then the call is automatically transferred to the headset.
– In stand-by mode, press the Center Button for 3 seconds, to activate the voice dialing of your mobile phone. For this, the voice dialing function must be available on the mobile phone. Refer to your mobile phone manual for further instruction.
1. If you have two phones connected to your headset and you have an
incoming call from the second phone during the call of the first phone,
then you may still receive the call from the second phone. In this case,
the call from the first phone is on waiting mode. If you end a call, then it
will automatically guide you to the first phone call.
2. If you have a mobile phone and a GPS connected to your headset, you
may not be able to listen to the GPS voice instruction during the phone
Bluetooth Stereo Music
The Bluetooth audio device must be paired with the 10R. The 10R supports the Audio/Video Remote Control Profile (AVRCP), so if your Bluetooth audio device also supports the AVRCP, you can use the 10R to remotely
control music playback. Not only can you adjust the volume but you can also use functions such as play, pause, next track and previous track.
1. To play or pause music, press the Center Button for 1 second until
you hear a double beep.
2. To adjust the volume, tap the (+) Button or the (-) Button.
3. To track forward or track back, press and hold the (+) Button or
the (-) Button for 1 second until you hear a mid-tone single beep.
You can start sharing music with an intercom friend using Bluetoothstereo music during a two-way intercom conversation. When you terminate music sharing, you can go back to the intercom conversation.
To start or terminate sharing music, press the Center Button for 1 second during an intercom conversation until you hear a double beep. To track forward or track back, press and hold the (+) Button or the (-) Button for 1 second.
When the 10R is not working properly or is in faulty status for any reason, you may reset by pushing the pin-hole reset button below the (+) Button . Insert a paper clip into the reset pin-hole and press the reset button for a second with light pressure. The 10R will be switched off. Restart the system and try again. This will not restore the headset to factory default settings.
If you want to restore the headset to factory default settings, use the Factory Reset in the configuration menu. The headset automatically restores the default settings and turns off
Go in to the configuration menu. To restore factory default settings on the 10R, tap the (+) Button or the (-) Button until you hear a voice prompt, “Factory reset”, and tap the Center Button to confirm. The 10R powers off with a voice prompt, “Headset reset, goodbye”.
Pairing with Other 10R Headsets for Intercom Conversation
1. Turn on the two 10R headsets (A and B) that you would like to pair with each other.
2. Press and hold the Center Button for 5 seconds, then you will hear a mid-tone single beep and the voice prompt, “Intercom pairing”.
3. Simply tap the Center Button of any one of the two headsets A or B and wait until the LEDs of both headsets turn to blue and intercom connection is automatically established. The two 10R headsets A
and B are paired with each other for intercom conversation. If the pairing process is not completed within one minute, the 10R will return to stand-by mode.
4. You can make other pairing between headsets A and C, and between headsets A and D by following the same procedure as above.
5. The intercom pairing queue is ‘Last-Come, First-Served ’. If a headset has multiple paired headsets for intercom conversations, the last paired headset is set as first intercom friend. The previous intercom friend becomes second intercom friend, and third intercom friend.
Pairing with Other Sena Headset Models for Intercom Conversation
The 10R can be paired with all other Sena headset models such as the 20S, SMH10 and the SMH5 for intercom conversation. Please follow the same procedure as above to pair with these headset models.
Starting Three-way Intercom
You may make a three-way Universal Intercom connection with two 10Rs and one non-Sena Bluetooth headset. If the intercom connection is made, all headsets connected cannot use the mobile phone call
function since the connection between the headset and the phone is disconnected temporarily. If you disconnect the intercom call, the mobile phone connection is made again automatically so that you can
use a mobile phone call function.
1. You (A) need to be paired with a non-Sena Bluetooth headset (B) and another 10R headset (C) for the three-way conference intercom.
2. Start an intercom conversation with non-Sena Bluetooth headset (B) in your intercom group. For example, you (A) may start an intercom conversation with non-Sena Bluetooth headset (B). The
non-Sena Bluetooth headset (B) may also start an intercom call with you (A).
3. The other 10R (C) may join the intercom by making an intercom call to you (A).
4. Now you (A), non-Sena Bluetooth headset (B), and the other 10R (C) are having a three-way conference intercom.
Ending Three-way Intercom
You can completely terminate the conference intercom or just disconnect an intercom connection with one of your active intercom friends.
1. Press the Center Button for 3 seconds until you hear a beep to terminate three-way conference intercom completely. It terminates both intercom connections with (B) and (C).
2. Tap or double tap the Center Button to disconnect intercom connection with one of the two intercom friends accordingly. For example, by single tapping the Center Button, you can terminate the intercom connection with just the first intercom friend (B). However, you still have the intercom connection with your second intercom friend (C).
Starting Four-way Intercom
You can have four-way conference intercom with three other 10R users by adding one more intercom participant to the three-way intercom. While you are having a three-way intercom as above in section 8.2 , “Three-way Intercom”, a new participant (D), who is an intercom friend of your intercom friend (C), may join the conference intercom by making an intercom call to your intercom friend (C). Please note that in this case, the new participant (D) is an intercom friend of (C), not of you (A).
Ending Four-way Intercom
As same in the case of three-way intercom, you can completely get out of the four-way conference intercom or just disconnect a single intercom connection.
1. Press the Center Button for 3 seconds until you hear a beep to terminate four-way conference intercom. It terminates the intercom connections between you (A), and your intercom friends (B) and (C).
2. Tap or double tap the Center Button to disconnect the intercom connection with one of the two intercom friends accordingly. However, when you disconnect the second friend (C) by double tapping the Center Button, you will be disconnected with the third participant (D) as well. This is because the third participant (D) is connected with you via the second friend (C).
To turn on the FM radio, press the (-) Button for 1 second until you hear a mid-toned double beep sound. You will then hear a voice prompt, “FM on”.
To turn off the FM radio, press the (-) Button for 1 second until you hear a voice prompt, “FM off”. When you power it off, the 10R will remember the last station frequency. When you power it on, the last station frequency will be playing.
“Seek” is the function that searches for station to station frequencies. To use the “Seek” function, please follow the pr ocedure below:
1. Double tap the (+) Button or the (-) Button to search down or up the station dial.
2. If the tuner finds a station while searching frequencies, it stops the seek function.
3. To save the current station, press and hold the Center Button for 3 seconds until you hear a voice prompt, “Preset (#)”.
4. Tap the (+) Button or the (-) Button in order to select which preset number you want for that specific station. You can save up to 10 preset stations. (You may cancel the preset operation by waiting
approximately 10 seconds. You will then hear “Save preset cancelled”. You can also tap the (+) Button or the (-) Button until you hear “Cancel”. Tap the Center Button to confirm cancellation. You will then hear “Save preset cancelled”.)
5. To save the current station, press the (+) Button for 1 second. You will then hear a voice prompt, “Save preset (#)”.
6. To delete the saved station in the preset number, press the (-) Button for 1 second. You will then hear a voice prompt, “Delete preset (#)”.
“Scan” is the function that automatically searches station frequencies, starting from the current frequency and up. To use the scan function, please follow the procedures below:
1. Press the (+) Button for 1 second. Then the current station frequency moves upward to find other station frequencies.
2. If the tuner finds a station, it stays at the station frequency for 8 seconds, then scanning to the next station frequency.
3. Scan function stops when you press the (+) Button for 1 second again.
4. To save a station while scanning frequencies, tap the Center Button when at that station. You will hear a voice prompt from the 10R, “Save preset (#)”. The station will be saved as the next
5. All stations preset during “Scan”, will overwrite previously set stations.