Frequently Asked Questions
You can charge the headset by connecting the supplied USB power & data cable into a computer’s USB port or USB wall charger. You can use any standard micro USB cable to charge the unit. You can also charge it on the road using the cigarette charger. The charging LED turns red while charging and turns blue when fully charged. It takes about 2.5 hours to be completely charged.
Mobile Phone Pairing - Mobile Phone, Bluetooth Stereo Device
Before using the 10R Bluetooth headset with any other Bluetooth devices for the first time, you will need to pair them together. You can pair the 10R with Bluetooth mobile phones, Bluetooth stereo devices
such as MP3 players, or motorcycle specific Bluetooth GPS navigation, and with other Sena Bluetooth headsets. The pairing operation is required only once for each Bluetooth device. The headset remains paired with the devices and automatically reconnects to them when they are within range. You will hear a high toned single beep and a voice prompt whenever the headset reconnects to the paired device: “Phone connected” to a mobile phone, “Media connected” to a Bluetooth stereo device.
To pair your mobile phone:
1. To enter the voice configuration menu, press and hold the Center Button for 10 seconds until you hear the voice prompt, “Configuration menu”.
2. By tapping the (+) Button, you will hear the voice prompt, “Phone pairing”.
3. Enter 0000 for the PIN. Some mobile phones may not ask for the PIN.
4. The mobile phone confirms that pairing has completed and the 10R is ready to use. You will hear a voice prompt, “Your headset is paired”.
5. If the pairing process is not completed within three minutes, the 10R will return to stand-by mode.
You can remotely control the 10R via Bluetooth using the Handlebar Remote (sold separately). This eliminates the need to take off your hand for button operations. Your 10R and the Handlebar Remote must
be paired together before use.
Pairing with the Handlebar Remote:
1. Turn on the 10R and the Handlebar Remote.
2. Press the Center Button for 10 seconds to enter the configuration menu. Tap the (+) Button until you hear a voice prompt saying, “Remote control pairing”. Press the Center Button to enter into Remote Control Pairing mode and the red LED will flash rapidly and you will hear multiple beeps.
3. On the Handlebar Remote, press the Rear Button for 5 seconds until its LED flashes red and blue. The 10R will automatically perform pairing with the Handlebar Remote in pairing mode. You will hear a voice prompt, “Remote control connected”, when they are successfully connected.
Using the Handlebar Remote
Handlebar Remote button operations on various functions are described in the table below.
1. When you have an incoming call, tap the Center Button to answer the call.
2. You can also answer the incoming call by loudly speaking anyword of your choice if Voice Activated Phone Answering (VOX Phone) is enabled, unless you are connected to intercom.
3. To end a call, press the Center Button for 2 seconds until you hear a mid-tone single beep, or wait for the called person to end the call.
4. To reject a call, press the Center Button for 2 seconds until you hear a beep while the phone is ringing.
5. There are several ways to make a phone call:
– Enter numbers on your mobile phone’s keypad and make a call. Then the call is automatically transferred to the headset.
– In stand-by mode, press the Center Button for 3 seconds, to activate the voice dialing of your mobile phone. For this, the voice dialing function must be available on the mobile phone. Refer to your mobile phone manual for further instruction.
1. If you have two phones connected to your headset and you have an
incoming call from the second phone during the call of the first phone,
then you may still receive the call from the second phone. In this case,
the call from the first phone is on waiting mode. If you end a call, then it
will automatically guide you to the first phone call.
2. If you have a mobile phone and a GPS connected to your headset, you
may not be able to listen to the GPS voice instruction during the phone
You can start sharing music with an intercom friend using Bluetoothstereo music during a two-way intercom conversation. When you terminate music sharing, you can go back to the intercom conversation.
To start or terminate sharing music, press the Center Button for 1 second during an intercom conversation until you hear a double beep. To track forward or track back, press and hold the (+) Button or the (-) Button for 1 second.
To turn on the FM radio, press the (-) Button for 1 second until you hear a mid-toned double beep sound. You will then hear a voice prompt, “FM on”.
To turn off the FM radio, press the (-) Button for 1 second until you hear a voice prompt, “FM off”. When you power it off, the 10R will remember the last station frequency. When you power it on, the last station frequency will be playing.
“Seek” is the function that searches for station to station frequencies. To use the “Seek” function, please follow the pr ocedure below:
1. Double tap the (+) Button or the (-) Button to search down or up the station dial.
2. If the tuner finds a station while searching frequencies, it stops the seek function.
3. To save the current station, press and hold the Center Button for 3 seconds until you hear a voice prompt, “Preset (#)”.
4. Tap the (+) Button or the (-) Button in order to select which preset number you want for that specific station. You can save up to 10 preset stations. (You may cancel the preset operation by waiting
approximately 10 seconds. You will then hear “Save preset cancelled”. You can also tap the (+) Button or the (-) Button until you hear “Cancel”. Tap the Center Button to confirm cancellation. You will then hear “Save preset cancelled”.)
5. To save the current station, press the (+) Button for 1 second. You will then hear a voice prompt, “Save preset (#)”.
6. To delete the saved station in the preset number, press the (-) Button for 1 second. You will then hear a voice prompt, “Delete preset (#)”.
“Scan” is the function that automatically searches station frequencies, starting from the current frequency and up. To use the scan function, please follow the procedures below:
1. Press the (+) Button for 1 second. Then the current station frequency moves upward to find other station frequencies.
2. If the tuner finds a station, it stays at the station frequency for 8 seconds, then scanning to the next station frequency.
3. Scan function stops when you press the (+) Button for 1 second again.
4. To save a station while scanning frequencies, tap the Center Button when at that station. You will hear a voice prompt from the 10R, “Save preset (#)”. The station will be saved as the next
5. All stations preset during “Scan”, will overwrite previously set stations.