Frequently Asked Questions
To power on the headset, press the Phone Button and the Jog Dial at the same time while hearing ascending beeps and a voice prompt, “Hello”.
To power off the headset, press the Phone Button and the Jog Dial at the same time while hearing descending beeps and a voice prompt, “Goodbye”.
You can check the battery level in two different ways when the headset is powering on.
When the headset is powering on, the red LED flashes rapidly indicating the battery level.
4 flashes = High, 70 ~ 100%
3 flashes = Medium, 30 ~ 70%
2 flashes = Low, 0 ~ 30%
Voice Prompt Indicator
When you power on the headset, keep pressing the Phone Button and the Jog Dial simultaneously for about 5 seconds until you hear three, high toned beeps. Then you will hear a voice prompt indicating the battery level. However, if you release the buttons as soon as the headset turns on, you will not hear a voice prompt for the battery level indication.
You can charge the headset by connecting the supplied USB power & data cable into a computer’s USB port or USB wall charger. You can use any standard micro USB cable to charge the units. The charging LED turns red while charging and turns blue when fully charged. You can also use the dual battery charger included in the package. It takes about 2.5 hours to be completely charged.
You can easily adjust the volume by rotating the Jog Dial. You will hear a beep when the volume reaches the maximum or minimum level. The volume is set and maintained independently at different levels for each audio source even when you reboot the headset. For example, once you set the volume for mobile phone handsfree, it will not change even if you adjust the volume for your Bluetooth MP3 music. However, if you adjust the volume during stand-by mode, it will affect volume levels of every audio source.
Mobile Phone Pairing - Mobile Phone, Bluetooth Stereo Device
1. Press and hold the Phone Button for 5 seconds until you hear a voice prompt, “Phone pairing”.
2. Search for Bluetooth devices on your mobile phone. Select the Sena Tufftalk in the list of the devices detected on the mobile phone.
3. Enter 0000 for the PIN. Some mobile phones may not ask for the PIN.
4. The mobile phone confirms that pairing has been completed and the Tufftalk is ready to use. You will hear a voice prompt, “Your headset is paired”.
5. If the pairing process is not completed within three minutes, the Tufftalk will return to stand-by mode.
1. If the Bluetooth connection between the headset and a mobile phone is disconnected, tap the Phone Button to recover the Bluetooth connection immediately.
2. If the Bluetooth connection between the headset and a media player is disconnected, press the Jog Dial for 1 second to recover the Bluetooth connection and play.
1. When you have an incoming call, simply tap the Phone Button or the Jog Dial to answer the call.
2. You can also answer the incoming call by loudly speaking any word of your choice if Voice Activated Phone Answering (VOX Phone) is enabled, unless you are connected to intercom.
3. To end a call, tap the Phone Button or press the Jog Dial for 2 seconds until you hear a mid-tone single beep, or wait for the called person to end the call.
4. To reject a call, press the Jog Dial for 2 seconds until you hear a beep while the phone is ringing.
5. There are several ways to make a phone call:
– Enter numbers on your mobile phone’s keypad and make a call. Then the call is automatically transferred to the headset.
– Tap the Phone Button in stand-by mode to activate the voice dialer of your mobile phone. For this, the voice dialing function must be available on the mobile phone. Refer to your mobile
phone manual for further instruction.
If you have two phones connected to your headset and you have an incoming call from the second phone during the call of the first phone, then you may still receive the call from the second phone. In this case, the call from the first phone is on waiting mode. If you end a call, then it will
automatically guide you to the first phone call.
The Bluetooth audio device must be paired with the Tufftalk. The Tufftalk supports the Audio/ Video Remote Control Profile (AVRCP), so if your Bluetooth audio device also supports the AVRCP, you can use the Tufftalk to remotely control music playback. Not only can you adjust the volume but you can also use functions such as play, pause, next track and previous track.
1. To play or pause music, press and hold the Jog Dial for 1 second
until you hear a double beep.
2. To adjust the volume, rotate the Jog dial.
3. To track forward or track back, rotate while pressing the Jog Dial
clockwise or counter clockwise.
1. To restore the Tufftalk to factory default settings, press and hold the Phone Button for 10 seconds until the LED shows solid red and you hear “Factory reset”.
2. Within 10 seconds, press the Jog Dial to confirm reset. The headset will be restored to factory setting and switched off automatically. You will hear, “Headset reset, goodbye”.
3. If you press the Phone Button or the Jog Dial for 10 seconds, the reset attempt is cancelled and the headset returns to stand-by mode. You will hear a voice prompt, “Cancelled”.
When the Tufftalk is not working properly or is in faulty status for any reason, you may reset by pushing the pin-hole reset button located below the left ear cup. Separate the left ear cup and insert a paper clip into the reset pin-hole and press the reset button for a second with light pressure. The Tufftalk will be switched off. Restart the system and try again. This will not restore the headset to factory default settings.
The Tufftalk can be paired with up to three other headsets for Bluetooth intercom conversation.
1. Turn on the two Tufftalk headsets (A and B) that you would like to pair with each other.
2. Press and hold the Jog Dial of the headset A and B for 5 seconds until red LEDs of the both units start to flash rapidly. You will hear a voice prompt, “Intercom pairing”.
3. Tap the Jog Dial on any one of the two headsets A and B, and wait until the LEDs of both headsets turn to blue and intercom connection is automatically established. The two Tufftalk headsets A and B are paired with each other for intercom conversation. If the pairing process is not completed within one minute, the Tufftalk will return to stand-by mode.
4. You can make other pairing between headsets A and C, and between headsets A and D by following the same procedure as above.
5. The intercom pairing queue is ‘Last-Come, First-Served ’. If a headset has multiple paired headsets for intercom conversations, the last paired headset is set as first intercom friend. The
previous intercom friend becomes second intercom friend, and third intercom friend.
For example, after the pairing procedures listed above, headset D is the first intercom friend of headset A. Headset C is the second intercom friend of headset A, and headset B is the third intercom friend of headset A.
Group Intercom allows you to instantly create a multi-way conference intercom with three other most recently paired headsets.
1. Go through intercom pairing with up to three headsets you want to have Group Intercom with.
2. Press the Jog Dial for 3 seconds to begin Group Intercom. The LED will flash green and you will hear a voice prompt, “Group intercom”.
3. To terminate Group Intercom, press the Jog Dial for 1 second during Group Intercom. You will hear a voice prompt, “Group intercom terminated”.
FM Radio On and Off
To turn on the FM radio, press the Phone Button for 1 second until you hear a mid-toned double beep sound. You will then hear a voice prompt, “FM on”. To turn off the FM radio, press the Phone Button for 1 second until you hear a voice prompt, “FM off”. When you power it off, the Tufftalk will remember the last station frequency. When you power it on, the last station frequency will be playing.
Scan and Save
“Scan” is the function that automatically searches station frequencies, starting from the current frequency and up. To use the scan function, please follow the procedures below:
1. Double tap the Phone Button. Then the current station frequency moves upward to find other station frequencies.
2. If the tuner finds a station, it stays at the station frequency for 8 seconds, then scanning to the next station frequency.
3. Scan function stops when you double tap the Phone Button again.
4. To save a station while scanning frequencies, tap the Phone Button when at that station. You will hear a voice prompt from the Tufftalk, “Save preset (#)”. The station will be saved as the next
5. All stations preset during “Scan”, will overwrite previously set stations.
Seek and Save
“Seek” is the function that searches for station to station frequencies. To use the “Seek” function, please follow the pr ocedure below:
1. Rotate while pressing the Jog Dial clockwise or counter clockwise to search down or up the station dial.
2. If the tuner finds a station while searching frequencies, it stops the seek function.
3. To save the current station, press and hold the Jog Dial for 1 second until you hear a voice prompt, “Preset (#)”.
4. Rotate the Jog Dial in order to select which preset number you want for that specific station. You can save up to 10 preset stations. (You may cancel the preset operation by waiting approximately 10 seconds. You will then hear “Save preset cancelled”. You can also rotate the Jog Dial until you hear “Cancel”. Tap the Jog Dial to confirm cancellation. You will then hear “Save preset cancelled”.)
5. To save the current station, tap the Jog Dial again. You will then hear a voice prompt, “Save preset (#)”.
6. To delete the saved station in the preset number, tap the Phone Button. You will then hear a voice prompt, “Delete preset (#)”.