Frequently Asked Questions
Powering On and Off
To power on the headset, press the Center Button and the (+) Button for 1 second at the same time while hearing ascending beeps and a voice prompt, “Hello”.
To power off the headset, press the Center Button and the (+) Button for 1 second at the same time while hearing descending beeps and a voice prompt, “Goodbye”.
You can charge the headset by connecting the supplied USB power & data cable into a computer’s USB port or USB wall charger. You can use any standard micro USB cable to charge the units. The charging LED turns red while charging and turns blue when fully charged. You can also use the dual battery charger included in the package. It takes about 2.5 hours to be completely charged.
When charging the battery, use only the approved charger provided by the manufacturer. Use of a non-approved charger may cause fire, explosion, leakage, and other hazards which may also reduce the life time or performance of the battery.
Any 3rd party USB charger can be used with Sena products if the charger is approved by either the FCC, CE, IC or other locally approved agencies that Sena accepts.
Please make sure to take off your Tufftalk Lite while charging. The headset automatically turns off during charging.
Checking the Battery Level
You can check the battery level in two different ways when the headset is powering on.
By LED Indicator
When the headset is powering on, the red LED flashes rapidly
indicating the battery level.
4 flashes = High, 70 ~ 100%
3 flashes = Medium, 30 ~ 70%
2 flashes = Low, 0 ~ 30%
By Voice Prompt Indicator
When you power on the headset, keep pressing the Center Button and the (+) Button simultaneously for 3 seconds until you hear three, hightoned beeps. Then you will hear a voice prompt indicating the battery level. However, if you release the buttons as soon as the headset turns on, you will not hear a voice prompt for the battery level indication.
1. The battery performance may be reduced over time with usage.
2. Battery life may vary depending on conditions, environmental factors, functions of the product in use, and devices used with it.
You can easily adjust the volume by tapping the (+) Button or the (-) Button. You will hear a beep when the volume reaches the maximum or minimum level. The volume is set and maintained independently at different levels for each audio source even when you reboot the headset. For example, once you set the volume for mobile phone handsfree, it will not change even if you adjust the volume for your Bluetooth MP3 music. However, if you adjust the volume during standby mode, it will affect volume levels of every audio source.
Use of the product at a high volume for a long period of time may damage your eardrums or hearing ability. Keep the volume at a modest level to prevent damage.
Mobile Phone Pairing - Mobile Phone, Bluetooth Stereo Device
1. To enter the voice configuration menu, press and hold the Center Button for 10 seconds until you hear the voice prompt, “Configuration menu”.
2. By tapping the (+) Button, you will hear the voice prompt, “Phone pairing”.
3. Enter 0000 for the PIN. Some mobile phones may not ask for the PIN.
4. The mobile phone confirms that pairing has been completed and the Tufftalk Lite is ready to use. You will hear a voice prompt, “Your headset is paired”.
5. If the pairing process is not completed within three minutes, the Tufftalk Lite will return to stand-by mode.
If the Bluetooth connection between the headset and a mobile phone is disconnected, press the Center Button for 3 seconds until you hear a high-toned single beep to recover the Bluetooth connection immediately.
If the Bluetooth connection between the headset and a media player is disconnected, press the Center Button for 1 second to recover the Bluetooth connection and play.
1. When you have an incoming call, simply tap the Center Button to answer the call.
2. You can also answer the incoming call by loudly speaking any word of your choice if Voice Activated Phone Answering (VOX Phone) is enabled, unless you are connected to intercom.
3. To end a call, press the Center Button for 2 seconds, or wait for the called person to end the call.
4. To reject a call, press the Center Button for 2 seconds while the phone is ringing.
5. There are several ways to make a phone call:
–– Enter numbers on your mobile phone’s keypad and make a call. Then the call is automatically transferred to the headset.
–– In stand-by mode, press the Center Button for 3 seconds, to activate the voice dialing of your mobile phone. For this, the voice dialing function must be available on the mobile phone. Refer to your mobile phone manual for further instruction.
If you have two phones connected to your headset and you have an incoming call from the second phone during the call of the first phone, then you may still receive the call from the second phone. In this case, the call from the first phone is on waiting mode. If you end a call, then it will automatically guide you to the first phone call.
Bluetooth Stereo Music
The Bluetooth audio device must be paired with the Tufftalk Lite. The Tufftalk Lite supports the Audio/Video Remote Control Profile (AVRCP), so if your Bluetooth audio device also supports the AVRCP, you can use the Tufftalk Lite to remotely control music playback. Not only can you adjust the volume but you can also use functions such as play, pause, next track and previous track.
1. To play or pause music, press the Center Button for 1 second.
2. To adjust the volume, tap the (+) Button or the (-) Button.
3. To track forward or track back, press the (+) Button or the (-) Button for 1 second.
You can start sharing music with an intercom friend using Bluetooth stereo music during a two-way intercom conversation. When you terminate music sharing, you can go back to the intercom conversation. To start or terminate sharing music, press the Center Button for 1 second during an intercom conversation. To track forward or track back, press and hold the (+) Button or the (-) Button for 1 second.
Both you and your intercom friend can remotely control music playback such as track forward and track back.
If you want to restore the headset to factory default settings, use the Factory Reset in the configuration menu. The headset automatically restores the default settings and turns off.
1. Go to the Configuration Menu.
2. To restore factory default settings on the Tufftalk Lite, tap the (+) Button or the (-) Button until you hear a voice prompt, “Factory reset”, and tap the Center Button to confirm. The Tufftalk Lite powers off with a voice prompt, “Headset reset, goodbye”.
When the Tufftalk Lite is not working properly or is in faulty status for any reason, you may reset by pushing the pin-hole reset button located below the Center Button. Separate the left ear cup and insert a paper clip into the reset pin-hole and press the reset button for a second with light pressure. The Tufftalk Lite will be switched off. Restart the system and try again. This will not restore the headset to factory default settings.
FM Radio On and Off
To turn on the FM radio, press the (-) Button for 1 second until you hear mid-toned double beeps sound. You will then hear a voice prompt, “FM on”. To turn off the FM radio, press the (-) Button for 1 second until you hear a voice prompt, “FM off”. When you power it off, the Tufftalk Lite will remember the last station frequency. When you power it on, the last station frequency will be playing.
Scan and Save
“Scan” is the function that automatically searches station frequencies, starting from the current frequency and up. To use the scan function, please follow the procedures below:
1. Press the (+) Button for 1 second. Then the current station frequency moves upward to find other station frequencies.
2. If the tuner finds a station, it stays at the station frequency for 8 seconds, then scanning to the next station frequency.
3. Scan function stops when you press the (+) Button for 1 second again.
4. To save a station while scanning frequencies, tap the Center Button when at that station. You will hear a voice prompt from the Tufftalk Lite, “Save preset (#)”. The station will be saved as the
next preset number.
5. All stations preset during “Scan”, will overwrite previously set stations.
Seek and Save
“Seek” is the function that searches for station to station frequencies. To use the “Seek” function, please follow the pr ocedure below:
1. Double tap the (+) Button or the (-) Button to search down or up the station dial.
2. If the tuner finds a station while searching frequencies, it stops the seek function.
3. To save the current station, press and hold the Center Button for 3 seconds until you hear a voice prompt, “Preset (#)”.
4. Tap the (+) Button or the (-) Button in order to select which preset number you want for that specific station. You can save up to 10 preset stations. (You may cancel the preset operation by waiting approximately 10 seconds. You will then hear “Save preset cancelled”. You can also tap the (+) Button or the (-) Button until you hear “Cancel”. Tap the Center Button to confirm cancellation.
You will then hear “Save preset cancelled”.)
5. To save the current station, press the (+) Button for 1 second. You will then hear a voice prompt, “Save preset (#)”.
6. To delete the saved station in the preset number, press the (-) Button for 1 second. You will then hear a voice prompt, “Delete preset (#)”.