Frequently Asked Questions
Charging the Bluetooth System
Depending upon the charging method, the Bluetooth system will be fully charged in about 3 hours.
Volume is set and maintained independently at different levels for each audio source (i.e. phone, intercom), even when the Bluetooth system is rebooted.
1. Execute Phone Pairing in the Bluetooth System Configuration Menu.
2. With your mobile phone in Bluetooth-pairing mode, select Momentum EVO in the list of devices detected.
3. If your mobile phone asks for a PIN, enter 0000.
1. Execute GPS Pairing in the Bluetooth System Configuration Menu.
2. With your Bluetooth device on the GPS navigation screen, select Momentum EVO in the list of devices detected.
3. If your mobile phone asks for a PIN, enter 0000.
You can remotely control the Bluetooth system using Sena Remote Control devices (sold separately).
1. Turn on the headset and the Remote Control device.
2. Execute Remote Control Pairing.
3. Enter pairing mode in the Remote Control device. The headset will automatically connect with the Remote Control device in pairing mode.
When Mesh Intercom is enabled, the headset will automatically connect to nearby Momentum EVO users and allow them to talk to each other by pressing the Mesh Intercom Button.
When Mesh Intercom is enabled, the Bluetooth system will be in Public Mode initially. It can connect with a virtually unlimited number of nearby Momentum EVO helmets within a 1.6 km (1.0 mile) range. Within this group, 6 users can talk at the same time for an optimized, open group intercom conversation. Users can freely connect with each other when in Public Mode. The audio quality of the intercom conversation will be the best when communicating using Public Mode. The Bluetooth system will not save the connection information from any of the Bluetooth systems that it is connected to for future open group intercom conversations when in Public Mode.
Channel Setting in Public Mode
If the Public Mode intercom communication experiences interference because other groups are also using Public Mode, change the Public Mode channel. You can change the Public Mode channel in the Sena App.
Mesh Intercom in Public Mode
• 6 people talk at the same time while a virtually limitless number of participants listen when they are within range.
A Mesh is a closed network of headsets where participants can leave, join or rejoin a group intercom conversation without affecting the connection between each of the headsets. For a closed intercom conversation using Mesh Intercom, a Mesh needs to be created by a user. When a user creates a Mesh, the headset automatically switches from Public Mode to Private Mode.
Mesh Intercom in Private Mode
• Max. participants : 15 participants + 1 creator
• 6 people talk at the same time.
When the headset is in Private Mode, it can connect with up to 15 other Momentum EVO headsets. The range between each headset in Private Mode can be up to 2.0 km (1.2 miles). The Mesh can extend up to 8.0 km (5.0 miles) head-to-tail during a closed intercom conversation.
Within this group, 6 users can talk at the same time for an optimized closed group conversation. The audio quality when communicating in a Mesh automatically adjusts according to the number of participants. When connected together in a Mesh, the headset will automatically save the connection information from all of the other headsets that it has connected to for future Mesh Intercom group communication.
Up to three other people can be paired with the helmet for Bluetooth intercom conversation.
1. Press and hold the Center Button of two Bluetooth systems for 5 seconds until flashes red.
2. Tap the Center Button on either Bluetooth system and wait until the LEDs of both turn blue.
3. Repeat steps 1 and 2 to pair with Intercom Friends C & D.
You can start or end an intercom conversation with an Intercom Friend by tapping the Center Button.
Start/End Two-Way Intercom with Intercom Friend 1,2,3
Multi-Way Intercom enables conference-call-style conversations with up to three Intercom Friends at the same time. While Multi Way Intercom is in progress, mobile phone connection is temporarily disconnected. However, as soon as Multi-Way Intercom terminates, the mobile phone connection will be reestablished.
Starting a Three-Way Intercom Conference
You (A) can have a Three-Way intercom Conference with two other Intercom Friends (B & C) by establishing two intercom connections simultaneously.
1. You (A) need to be paired with two other Intercom Friends (B & C) for three way conference intercom.
2. Start an intercom conversation with one of the two friends in your intercom group.
3. You (A) can call the second Intercom friend (C) by double tapping the Center Button, or the second Intercom friend (C) may join the intercom by making an intercom call to you (A).
Starting a Four-Way Intercom Conference
With three Intercom Friends connected, a new participant (D) can make it a Four-Way Intercom Conference by making an intercom call to either (B) or (C).
Ending Multi-Way Intercom
1. Press the Center Button for 1 second until you hear a beep to terminate all intercom connections.
2. Tap the Center Button to disconnect from your first Intercom Friend. Double tap the Center Button to disconnect from your second Intercom Friend.
1. Enter preset selection mode.
2. Navigate forward or backward through preset stations that you want to store.
3. Save station to the preset number or delete station from memory.
The Sena tuner pauses at each station it finds for 8 seconds before moving to the next..
When the Bluetooth system is not working properly, you can easily reset the unit:
1. Partially pull out the neck roll from the rear side of the helmet.
2. Locate the pinhole reset button as described below.
3. Gently insert a paperclip into the hole and tap the Fault Reset Button with light pressure. The Bluetooth system will shut down.
To erase all of your settings and start fresh, the system can be restored to factory default settings using the factory reset.