Frequently Asked Questions
Charging the Headset
You can raise or lower the volume by rotating the Jog Dial clockwise or counterclockwise. Volume is set and maintained independently at different levels for each audio source (i.e., phone, intercom), even when the headset is rebooted.
Volume Up Volume Down
1. Press and hold the Phone Button and Jog Dial for 1 second.
2. With your mobile phone in Bluetooth-pairing mode, select Sena 5S in the list of devices detected.
3. If your mobile phone asks for a PIN, enter 0000.
1. Execute GPS Pairing.
2. With your Bluetooth device on the GPS navigation screen, select Sena 5S in the list of devices detected.
3. If your Bluetooth device asks for a PIN, enter 0000.
1. Play or pause music.
2. Adjust the volume.
3. Track forward or back.
You can start sharing music with an intercom friend using Bluetooth stereo music during a two-way intercom conversation. When you terminate music sharing, you can go back to the intercom conversation. To start or terminate sharing music, press the Jog Dial for 1 second during an intercom conversation until you hear a double beep. To track forward or track back, rotate while pressing the Jog Dial clockwise or counterclockwise.
Music Sharing On/Off
Up to three people can communicate via intercom with the headset simply by pairing their headsets.
Pairing with Intercom Friends
1. Press and hold the Jog Dials of two headsets for 5 seconds until you hear a voice prompt, “Intercom pairing”.
Pairing Headset A with Headset B
2. Repeat step 1 to pair with Intercom Friends C & D.
You can start or end an intercom conversation with an Intercom Friend by tapping the Jog Dial.
1. Tap once for Intercom Friend 1.
Start/End with Intercom Friend 1
2. Tap twice for Intercom Friend 2.
Start/End with Intercom Friend 2
3. Tap three times for Intercom Friend 3.
Start/End with Intercom Friend 3
Universal Intercom allows you to have two-way intercom conversations with users of non-Sena Bluetooth headsets. You can pair your headset with only one non-Sena headset at a time. The intercom distance depends on the performance of the Bluetooth headset to which it is connected. When a non-Sena Bluetooth headset is paired with the Sena headset, if another Bluetooth device is paired via Second Mobile Phone Pairing, it will be disconnected.
1. Execute Universal Intercom in the Headset Configuration Menu.
Access Universal Intercom in the Configuration Menu
2. Put the non-Sena Bluetooth headset in Pairing Mode. The headset will automatically pair with a non-Sena Bluetooth headset.
FM Radio On FM Radio Off
The “Seek” feature searches for radio stations.
1. Search for radio stations.
Seek Stations Forward Seek Stations Backward
2. Save the current station.
Enter Preset Selection Mode
3. Navigate through the preset numbers that you want to store.
Navigate Forward/Backward Through Preset Stations
4. Save the station in the preset number you choose or delete the station from memory.
Save Station to the Preset Number Delete Station from Memory
The “Scan” function automatically searches for radio stations, starting with the current station’s frequency, then up from there.
1. Scan for stations.
2. The Sena tuner pauses at each station it finds for 8 seconds before moving to the next.
3. Save the current station. The station will be saved as the next preset number.
Save the Current Station
4. Stop scanning.
When the headset is not working properly, you can easily reset the unit:
1. Locate the pinhole reset button below on the back of the main unit.
2. Gently insert a paperclip into the hole and tap the Fault Reset Button with light pressure.
3. The headset will shut down.
To erase all of your settings and start fresh, the headset can be restored to factory default settings using the Factory Reset feature.