Frequently Asked Questions
To power on and off the headset, you don’t need to press and hold any button for several seconds. Just short press the Jog Dial and the Phone Button simultaneously, and you will get quick on-and-off convenience.
Press the Jog Dial and the Phone Button at the same time for about 1 second to power on. The blue LED turns on and you will hear ascending beeps.
Just short press the Jog Dial and the Phone Button simultaneously, you don’t need to press and hold for a few seconds. The red LED turns on for a while until it turns off completely and you will hear descending beeps.
• To charge the SPH10H-FM, use the USB power and data cable included in the package by plugging into computer’s USB port or USB wall charger. USB wall charger is not included in the package, but you can use any USB wall charger in the market.
• The USB power and data cable is also used for firmware upgrade of the SPH10H-FM.
• You can use any of the standard micro-USB cables which is mostly adopted by smartphones and general Bluetooth headsets manufacturers.
• The charging LED beside the charging port turns on red while charging, and turns to blue when the headset is fully charged. It takes about 2.5 hours to be fully charged.
• You can use the SPH10H-FM while charging. It is especially helpful when you use a cigarette charger for a long road trip.
Checking the Battery Level
You can check the battery level in two different ways when the headset is powering on.
When the headset is powering on, the red LED flashes rapidly indicating the battery level.
4 flashes = High, 70~100%
3 flashes = Medium, 30~70%
2 flashes = Low, 0~30%
Voice Prompt Indicator
When you power on the headset, keep pressing the Jog Dial and Phone Button simultaneously for about 3 seconds until you hear high tone triple beeps. Then you will hear voice prompt indicating the battery level. However, if you release the buttons as soon as the headset turns on, you will not hear the voice prompt of battery level indication.
You can easily adjust the volume by rotating the Jog Dial. You will hear a beep when the volume reaches maximum or minimum level. The volume is set and maintained independently at different levels for each audio source even when you turn off and on the headset. For example, once you set the volume for mobile phone handsfree, it will not change even if you adjust the volume when you hear Bluetooth MP3 music. So you can always maintain the preferred optimum volume level for each audio source.
Mobile Phone Pairing
1. Turn on the SPH10H-FM and press the Phone Button for 5 seconds until the LED flashes red and blue alternately and you hear multiple beeps. You will hear a voice prompt saying “Phone pairing”.
2. Search for Bluetooth devices on your mobile phone. Select the Sena SPH10H-FM in the list of the devices detected on the mobile phone.
3. Enter 0000 for the PIN. Some mobile phones may not ask for the PIN.
4. The mobile phone confirms that pairing has completed and the SPH10H-FM is ready to use. You will hear a voice prompt from the SPH10H-FM saying “Your headset is paired”.
5. If the pairing process is not completed within three minutes, the SPH10H-FM will return to stand-by mode.
Mobile Phone Call Making and Answering
1. When you have an incoming call, simply tap the Phone Button or the Jog Dial to answer the call.
2. You can also answer the incoming call by loudly speaking any word of your choice if Voice Activated Phone Answering is enabled.
3. To end a call, tap the Phone Button or press the Jog Dial for 2 seconds until you hear a beep, or wait for the called person to end the call.
4. To reject a call, press the Jog Dial for 2 seconds until you hear a beep while the phone is ringing.
5. To transfer a call between the mobile phone and the headset during the phone conversation, press the Phone Button for 2 seconds until you hear a beep.
6. There are several ways to make a phone call:
- Enter numbers on your mobile phone keypad and make a call. Then the call is automatically transferred to the headset.
- For some older mobile phones which do not automatically transfer calls to the headset, press the Phone Button after entering phone numbers on the mobile phone keypad.
- Tap the Phone Button in stand-by mode to activate the voice dialing of your mobile phone. For this, the voice dialing feature must be available on the mobile phone. Refer to your mobile phone manual for further instruction.
You can listen to stereo music from your Bluetooth wireless audio device. The Bluetooth audio device must be paired with the SPH10H-FM. The SPH10H-FM supports the Audio/Video Remote Control Profile (AVRCP), so if your Bluetooth audio device also supports the AVRCP, you can use the SPH10H-FM to remotely control music playback. You not only can adjust the volume but also use the functions such as play, pause, next track and previous track.
1. To adjust the volume, rotate the Jog Dial.
2. To play or pause music, press and hold the Jog Dial for 1 second until you hear a double beep.
3. To track forward or track back, rotate while pressing the Jog Dial clockwise or counter clockwise.
You can start sharing music with an intercom friend using Bluetooth stereo music during a two-way intercom conversation. When you terminate music sharing, you can go back to the intercom conversation. To start or terminate sharing music, press and hold the Jog Dial for 1 second during an intercom conversation until you hear a double beep and you and your intercom friend will listen to or terminate sharing music. To track forward or track back, rotate while pressing down the Jog Dial clockwise or counter clockwise.
1. To restore the SPH10H-FM to factory default settings, press and hold the Phone Button for 12 seconds until the LED shows solid red and you hear double beeps. You will hear a voice prompt saying “Factory reset”.
2. Within 5 seconds, press the Jog Dial to confirm reset. The headset will be restored to factory setting and switched off automatically. You will hear a voice prompt saying “Headset reset, good-bye”.
3. If you don’t press the Jog Dial within 5 seconds, the reset attempt is canceled and the headset returns to stand-by mode. You will hear a voice prompt saying, “Canceled”.
When the SPH10H-FM is not working properly or is in faulty status for any reason, you may reset by pushing the pin-hole reset button at the back of the headset main unit. Insert a paper clip into the reset pin-hole and press the reset button for a second with light pressure. The SPH10H-FM will be switched off after which time, you have to turn the system back on and try again. However, this will not restore the headset to factory default settings.
Pairing with Other SPH10H-FM Headsets for Intercom Conversation
The SPH10H-FM can be paired with up to three other headsets for Bluetooth intercom conversation.
1. Turn on the two SPH10H-FM headsets (A and B) that you would like to pair with each other.
2. Press and hold the Jog Dial of the headset A and B for 5 seconds until red LEDs of the both units start to flash rapidly. You will hear a voice prompt saying “Intercom pairing”.
3. Simply tap the Jog Dial of any one of the two headsets A or B (It doesn’t matter that you choose A or B.) and wait until the LEDs of both headsets turn to blue and intercom connection is automatically established. The two SPH10H-FM headsets A and B are paired with each other for intercom conversation. If the pairing process is not completed within one minute, the SPH10H-FM will return to stand-by mode.
4. You can make other pairings between the headset A and C, and between the headset A and D by following the same procedure as above.
5. The intercom pairing queue is ‘Last-Come, First- Served’. If a headset has multiple paired headsets for intercom conversations, the last paired headset is set as first intercom friend. The previous intercom friend becomes second intercom friend, and third intercom friend.
Start and End Two-way Intercom
1. You can start an intercom conversation with one of any intercom friends by tapping the Jog Dial: single tapping to intercom with the first intercom friend, double tapping with the second intercom friend, and triple tapping with the third intercom friend.
2. To terminate an intercom conversation, single tap the Jog Dial. Any intercom connection with
any intercom friend will be terminated by a single tapping. A double or triple tapping will do nothing in this case.
Start Three-way Intercom
You (A) can have a three-way conference intercom with two other SPH10H-FM friends (B & C) by establishing two intercom connections at the same time. While a three-way conference intercom is in progress, mobile phone connection of all three participants would be temporarily disconnected, but as soon as the conference intercom terminates or one of the participants leaves the intercom, all mobile phones would be automatically reconnected. During the conference intercom, if you have an incoming mobile phone call, terminate the conference intercom to automatically reconnect the mobile phone and receive the call.
1. You (A) need to be paired with two other friends (B & C) for three-way conference intercom.
2. Start an intercom conversation with one of the two friends in your intercom group. For example,
you (A) may start an intercom conversation with the intercom friend (B). Or intercom friend (B) may start an intercom call with you (A).
3. The second intercom friend (C) may join the intercom by making an intercom call to you (A).
4. Now you (A) and two SPH10H-FM intercom friends (B & C) are having a three-way conference
Start Four-way Intercom
You can have four-way conference intercom with three other SPH10H-FM users by adding one more intercom participant to the three-way intercom. While you are having three-way intercom, a new participant (D), who is an intercom friend of your intercom friend (C), may join the conference intercom by making an intercom call to your intercom friend (C). Please note that in this case, the new participant (D) is an intercom friend of (C), not of you (A).
FM Radio On/Off
To turn on the FM radio, press and hold the Phone Button for 2 seconds until you hear a mid-tone double beep sound. You will then hear a voice prompt saying “FM on”. In order to turn off the FM radio, press and hold the Phone Button for 2 seconds until you hear a voice prompt saying “FM off”. When you power off, the SPH10H-FM will remember the last station frequency. When you power on, the last station frequency will be playing.
Scan and Save
“Scan” is the function that searches from the current station frequency upward for stations in a whole range of FM frequencies. To use the scan function, please follow the procedures below:
1. Double tap the Phone Button. Then the current station frequency moves upward to find other
2. If the tuner finds a station, it stays at the station frequency for 8 seconds, then scanning to the next station frequency.
3. Scan function stops when you double tap the Phone Button again.
4. To save a station while scanning frequencies, tap the Phone Button when at that station. You will hear a voice prompt from the SPH10H-FM saying “Save preset (#)”. The station will be saved as the next preset number.
5. All stations preset during “Scan”, will overwrite previously set stations.
6. To stop scan function, double tap the Phone Button.
“Seek” is the function that searches from stationto station frequencies. To use the “Seek” function, please follow the procedure below:
1. Rotate while pressing the Jog Dial clockwise to search up the station dial or counter clockwise to search down the station dial.
2. If the tuner finds a station while searching frequencies, it stops the seek function.
3. To save the current station, press and hold the Jog Dial for 2 seconds until you hear a voice prompt saying “Preset (#)”.
4. Rotate the Jog Dial clockwise or counter clockwise, in order to select which preset number you want for that specific station, up to 10 preset stations. (You may cancel the preset operation by waiting approximately 10 seconds. You will then hear “Save preset cancelled”. You can also rotate the Jog Dial clockwise or counter clockwise until you hear “Cancel”. Tap the Jog Dial to confirm cancellation. You will then hear “Save preset cancelled”).
5. To save the current station, tap the Jog Dial again. You will then hear a voice prompt saying “Save preset (#)”.
6. To delete the saved station in the preset number, tap the Phone Button. You will then hear a voice prompt saying “Delete preset (#)”.