Frequently Asked Questions
By simply pairing your phone with your Bluetooth
system, you can use the Sena Utility App for quicker,
easier setup and management.
• App Features
- Music, Device settings, and User’s Guide.
- Android: Google Play Store > Sena Utility
- iOS: App Store > Sena Utility
The Sena Device Manager allows you to upgrade
firmware and configure settings directly from your PC.
Download the Sena Device Manager from sena.com.
Powering On and Off
• Power On
Press and hold the Center Button and the (+) Button
for 1 second.
• Power Off
Tap the Center Button and the (+) Button.
The Bluetooth system can be charged using many
common methods via the supplied USB power & data
cable: the OUTRUSH R is compatible with 5 V input
USB-charged devices only.
Depending upon the charging method, the Bluetooth
system will be fully charged in about 2.5 hours.
Checking the Battery Level
When the Bluetooth system is powering on, the red LED
flashes rapidly indicating the battery level.
4 flashes = High, 70 ~ 100%
3 flashes = Medium, 30 ~ 70%
2 flashes = Low, 0 ~ 30%
You can raise or lower the volume by tapping the
(+) Button or the (-) Button. Volume is set and
maintained independently at different levels for each
audio source (i.e. phone, intercom), even when the
Bluetooth system is rebooted.
• Volume up/down
Tap the (+) Button or the (-) Button.
Initially Pairing the Bluetooth system
The Bluetooth system will automatically enter the phone
pairing mode when you initially turn on the Bluetooth
system or in the following situations:
• Rebooting after executing the Factory Reset; or
• Rebooting after executing the Delete All Pairings.
1. Press and hold the Center Button and the (+) Button
for 1 second. You will hear a voice prompt, “Phone
2. With your mobile phone in Bluetooth-pairing mode,
select Sena OUTRUSH R in the list of devices
3. If your mobile phone asks for a PIN, enter 0000.
1. Press and hold the Center Button for 15 seconds
until you will hear a voice prompt, “Configuration
2. Tap the (+) Button until you hear a voice prompt,
3. With your Bluetooth device on the GPS navigation
screen, select Sena OUTRUSH R in the list of devices
4. If your Bluetooth device asks for a PIN, enter 0000.
Making and Answering Calls
• Answering a call
Tap the Center Button.
You can also answer the incoming call by loudly
speaking any word of your choice if VOX Phone is
enabled, unless you are connected to intercom.
• Ending/Rejecting a call
Press and hold the Center Button for 2 seconds.
• Make a Call with Voice dialer
Press and hold the Center Button for 3 seconds in
stand-by mode to activate the voice dialer of your
Bluetooth Stereo Music
• Play/Pause music
Press and hold the Center Button for 1 second until
you hear a double beep.
• Track forward/back
Press and hold the (+) Button or the (-) Button for 1
second until you hear a beep.
Up to three other people can be paired with the
Bluetooth system for Bluetooth intercom conversations.
1. Press and hold the Center Button of the Bluetooth
system A and B for 5 seconds until red LEDs of the
both units start to flash rapidly and until you hear a
voice prompt, “Intercom pairing”.
2. Tap the Center Button on either Bluetooth system
and wait until the intercom connection is automatically
established and the LEDs of both turn blue.
3. Repeat steps 1 and 2 to pair with Intercom Friends
C & D.
4. The intercom pairing queue is ‘Last-Come, First Served’. If a Bluetooth system has multiple paired Bluetooth systems for intercom conversations, the
last paired Bluetooth system is set as first intercom
friend. The previous intercom friend becomes second
intercom friend, and third intercom friend.
You can start an intercom conversation with one of any
intercom friends by tapping the Center Button: single
tap to intercom with the first intercom friend, double
tap to intercom with the second intercom friend, and
triple tap to intercom with the third intercom friend.
Multi-Way Intercom enables conference-call-style
conversations with up to three Intercom Friends at the
same time. While Multi-Way Intercom is in progress,
mobile phone connection is temporarily disconnected.
However, as soon as Multi-Way Intercom terminates,
the mobile phone connection will be reestablished.
You (A) can have a Three-Way Intercom Conference
with two other Intercom Friends (B & C) by establishing
two intercom connections simultaneously.
1. You (A) need to be paired with two other Intercom
Friends (B & C) for three-way conference intercom.
2. Start an intercom conversation with one of the two
friends in your intercom group.
3. You (A) can call the second Intercom Friend (C) by
double tapping the Center Button, or the second
Intercom Friend (C) may join the intercom by making
an intercom call to you (A).
With three Intercom Friends connected, a new
participant (D) can make it a Four-Way Intercom
Conference by making an intercom call to either (B) or
Group Intercom allows you to instantly create a Multi-
Way Conference Intercom with three of the most
recently paired Bluetooth systems.
1. Go through intercom pairing with up to three
Bluetooth systems you want to have Group Intercom
2. Tap the (+) Button and (-) Button to begin Group
Intercom. The LED will flash green and you will hear a
voice prompt, “Group intercom”.
3. When all of the Bluetooth systems are connected
together, everyone will hear a voice prompt, “Group
4. To terminate Group Intercom, press and hold
the Center Button for 3 seconds during Group
Intercom. You will hear a voice prompt, “Group
• Start scanning
1. Press and hold the (+) Button for 1 second.
2. The Sena tuner pauses at each station it finds for
8 seconds before moving to the next.
• Save the current station
To save a station while scanning frequencies, tap the
Center Button at that station. You will hear a voice
prompt, “Save preset (#)”. The station will be saved as
the next preset number.
• Seek forward/backward
Double tap the (+) Button or the (-) Button to search
for radio stations.
• Save the current station
1. Press and hold the Center Button for 3 seconds
until you hear a voice prompt, “Preset (#)”.
2. Tap the (+) Button or the (-) Button, in order to
select which preset number you want for that specific
station. (You can save up to 10 preset stations.)
• Save station to the preset number
Press and hold the (+) Button for 1 second. You will
then hear a voice prompt, “Save preset (#)”.
• Delete station from memory
Press and hold the (-) Button for 1 second. You will
then hear a voice prompt, “Delete preset (#)”.
FM Radio On/Off
• Start or Stop the FM radio
Press and hold the (-) Button for 1 second.
The Bluetooth system supports firmware upgrades.
You can update the firmware using the Sena Device
Manager. Please visit Sena Bluetooth website at
www.sena.com to check the latest software downloads.
When the Bluetooth system is not working properly, you
can easily reset the unit:
1. Locate the Pin-hole Reset Button below the Center
2. Gently insert a paperclip into the hole and tap the
Fault Reset Button with light pressure.
3. The Bluetooth system will shut down.
If you want to restore the Bluetooth system to
factory default settings, use the Factory Reset in the
configuration menu. The Bluetooth system automatically
restores the default settings and turns off.