Frequently Asked Questions
You can view and download the full User's Guide for the IMPULSE via the link below.
IMPULSE User Guide | Sena
By simply pairing your phone with your Bluetooth system, you can
use the SENA MOTORCYCLES App for quicker, easier set up and
• Download the SENA MOTORCYCLES App on Google Play Store or
You can control the LED Taillight through the SENA MOTORCYCLES
• Mode : Solid / Night Flash / Day Flash / Off
Charging the Bluetooth System
Powering On Powering Off
Instructions are for when powering the Bluetooth system on.
You can raise or lower the volume by tapping the (+) Button or the
(-) Button. Volume is set and maintained independently at different
levels for each audio source (i.e., phone, intercom), even when the
Bluetooth system is rebooted.
Volume Up Volume Down
The Bluetooth system will automatically enter the phone pairing mode
when you initially turn on the Bluetooth system or in the following
• Rebooting after executing Factory Reset
1. Press and hold the Center Button and the (+) Button for 1 second.
2. Select Impulse in the list of
Bluetooth devices detected. If your
mobile phone asks for a PIN, enter
When using the Bluetooth system with other Bluetooth devices for the
first time, they will need to be “paired.” This enables them to recognize
and communicate with one another whenever they are within range.
The Bluetooth system can pair with multiple Bluetooth devices such as a
mobile phone, GPS, MP3 player or Sena SR10 Two-Way Radio Adapter
via Mobile Phone Pairing, Second Mobile Phone Pairing and GPS
Pairing. The Bluetooth system can also be paired with up to three other
Sena Bluetooth systems.
Pairs with up to Three Sena Bluetooth Systems
Also Pairs with:
1. Press and hold the Center Button for 10 seconds.
2. Tap the (+) Button 5 times.
3. Select Impulse in the list of devices
detected. If your Bluetooth device
asks for a PIN, enter 0000.
Answer a Call End a Call
Reject a Call
Next Track Previous Track
You can start sharing music with one intercom friend using Bluetooth
stereo music during a two-way intercom conversation and one
participant of a Mesh. If you start sharing music while Bluetooth
intercom and Mesh Intercom are running at the same time, then music
shared during Bluetooth intercom will take priority over music shared
during Mesh Intercom.
You can start sharing the music with one intercom friend of a two-way
Start/Terminate Sharing Music
You can start sharing music with one participant of a Mesh Intercom.
1. The Creator will send a request message to participants connected
during Mesh Intercom.
2. The Creator will share music with the first participant that accepts
[Participant] Accept [Participant] Refuse
Open Mesh is an open group intercom function. Users can freely
communicate with each other in the same Open Mesh channel and
select which channel (1-9) to use through the Bluetooth system.
It can connect with a virtually unlimited number of users in each channel.
Group Mesh is a closed group intercom function that allows users to
join, leave, or rejoin a group intercom conversation without pairing each
Bluetooth system. Users can freely communicate with each other in the
same private group in Group Mesh.
For closed intercom conversations using Mesh Intercom, a Group
Mesh needs to be created by the users. When users create a private
group in Group Mesh by Mesh Grouping, the Bluetooth system
automatically switches from Open Mesh to Group Mesh. Up to 24 users
can all be connected in each private group.
When Mesh Intercom is enabled, the Impulse will automatically
connect to nearby Impulse users and allow them to talk to each other
by pressing the Mesh Intercom Button.
Mesh Intercom On
Mesh Intercom Off
Channel Setting (Default: channel 1)
If the Open Mesh communication experiences interference because
other groups are also using channel 1 (default), change the channel.
You can select from channels 1 to 9.
1. Double tap the Mesh Intercom Button.
2. Navigate between channels.
3. Save the channel.
Creating a Group Mesh
Creating a Group Mesh requires two or more Open Mesh users.
Open Mesh Group Mesh
1. To enter Mesh Grouping to create a Group Mesh, press and hold
the Mesh Intercom Button for 5 seconds on the Bluetooth system of
the users (You, B, and C).
2. When Mesh Grouping is completed, the users (You, B and C)
will hear a voice prompt on their Bluetooth system as Open Mesh
switches to Group Mesh.
If a Bluetooth system in an Open Mesh or Group Mesh resets the
Mesh, it will automatically return to Open Mesh (default: channel 1).
Up to three other people can be paired with the Bluetooth system for
Bluetooth intercom conversations.
SIP allows you to quickly pair with your friends for intercom
communication by scanning the QR code on the Sena Motorcycles App
without remembering the button operation.
1. Pair the mobile phone with the Bluetooth system.
2. Open the Sena Motorcycles App and tap (Smart Intercom Pairing Menu).
3. Scan the QR code displayed on your friend (B)’s mobile phone.
• Your friend (B) can display the QR code on the mobile phone by
tapping > QR code on the Sena Motorcycles App.
4. Tap Save and check that your friend (B) is paired with you (A)
5. Repeat steps 3-4 to pair with Intercom Friends (C)
1. Users (You, B) enter into Intercom Pairing.
3. Repeat the steps above to pair with other Bluetooth systems
(C and D).
The intercom pairing queue is Last-Come, First-Served. If a
Bluetooth system has multiple paired Bluetooth systems for intercom
conversations, the last paired Bluetooth system is set as the First
Intercom Friend. For example, after the pairing procedures listed
above, Bluetooth system (D) is the First Intercom Friend of Bluetooth
system (A). Bluetooth system (C) is the Second Intercom Friend of
Bluetooth system (A), and Bluetooth system (B) is the Third Intercom
Friend of Bluetooth system (A).
Intercom Pairing Order Last-Come, First-Served
You can start or end an intercom conversation with an Intercom Friend.
Start/End Conversation with the First Intercom Friend D
Start/End Conversation with the Second Intercom Friend C
Start/End Conversation with the Third Intercom Friend B
Multi-Way Intercom enables conference-call-style conversations with
up to three Intercom Friends at the same time. While Multi-Way
Intercom is in progress, the mobile phone connection is temporarily
disconnected. However, as soon as Multi-Way Intercom terminates, the
mobile phone connection will be reestablished.
You (A) can have a Three-Way Intercom Conference with two other
Intercom Friends (B and C) by establishing two intercom connections
1. You (A) need to be paired with two other Intercom Friends (B and
C) for the Three-Way Intercom Conference.
2. Start an intercom conversation with the First Intercom Friend (C) by
tapping the Center Button.
3. You (A) can call the Second Intercom Friend (B) by double tapping
the Center Button, or the Second Intercom Friend (B) may join the
intercom by making an intercom call to you (A).
4. Now you (A) and two Intercom Friends (B and C) are having a
Three-Way Intercom Conference.
Group Intercom allows you to instantly create a Multi-Way Conference
Intercom with three of the most recently paired Bluetooth systems.
To Start the Group Intercom
1. Go through intercom pairing with up to three Bluetooth systems you
want to have Group Intercom with.
Terminate Group Intercom
Universal Intercom allows you to have intercom conversations with
users of non-Sena Bluetooth headsets. Non-Sena Bluetooth headset
can be connected to the Sena Bluetooth system if they support the
Bluetooth Hands-Free Profile (HFP). You can pair the Bluetooth system
with only one non-Sena headset at a time. The intercom distance
depends on the performance of the Bluetooth headset to which it’s
connected. When a non-Sena Bluetooth headset is paired with the
Bluetooth system while another Bluetooth device is paired via Second
Mobile Phone Pairing, it will be disconnected.
4. Put the non-Sena Bluetooth headset in Hands-free Pairing Mode. The
Bluetooth system will automatically pair with a non-Sena Bluetooth
You can automatically install any available firmware updates to your
Bluetooth system via a wireless network.
Built-in Wi-Fi in the Bluetooth System
• IEEE 802.11 b/g/n
• Working distance: Within 10 m
Firmware will be upgraded automatically when the Bluetooth system is
charging. If you want to upgrade the firmware, you must first change the
settings in the SENA MOTORCYCLES App.
1. Connect the helmet to the USB charger (5 V/1 A), the Bluetooth
system will power off automatically.
2. The built-in Wi-Fi automatically turns on and the red LED flashes
1. Open the SENA MOTORCYCLES App.
2. Tap the Menu button in the top-right corner of the screen and
select Update via WiFi.
3. Follow the instructions on the SENA MOTORCYCLES App to
connect the built-in Wi-Fi to a Wi-Fi access point.
Charging & Wi-Fi Status LED
Firmware Upgrade Status LED
Firmware Upgrade Completed
The built-in Wi-Fi setting will be restored to the factory default settings,
which include the Wi-Fi configuration setup, the firmware setup, and
the language setup.
To erase all of your settings and start fresh, the Bluetooth system can be
restored to factory default settings using the Factory Reset feature.
Please visit sena.com for more troubleshooting information.
• Customer Support: sena.com
When the Bluetooth system is not working properly, you can easily reset
1. Locate the Pinhole Fault Reset Button above the Magnetic DC
Power Charging & Firmware Upgrade Port.
2. Gently insert a paper clip into the hole and press and Pinhole Fault
Reset Button with light pressure.
3. The Bluetooth system will shut down.