Frequently Asked Questions
Powering On and Off
Press and hold the Center Button and the (+) Button at the same time for 1 second to turn the headset on or off.
You can view and download the full User's Guide for the Cavalry via the link below.
The Bluetooth Communication Module can be charged using many common methods via the supplied USB power & data cable:
1. Plugged into a computer’s USB port
1. With a USB-equipped AC adapter via a wall-outlet charger
Note: Please make sure to take off your helmet while charging. The headset automatically turns off during charging.
Depending upon the charging method, the Bluetooth Module will be fully charged in about 2.5 hours.
Checking the Bluetooth Module’s Battery Level
There are two ways to check battery level:
1. Visually, with LEDs when powering on.
Note: Blinking LEDs alternate from blue to red when battery power is low.
2. Audible method: Press and hold the Center Button and the (+) Button for 3 more seconds as the headset powers on. A prompt will announce the remaining battery level.
You can raise or lower the volume by tapping the (+) Button or the (-) Button. Volume is set and maintained independently at different levels for each audio source (i.e., phone, intercom), even when the headset is rebooted.
1. Execute Phone Pairing in the Configuration Menu.
2. With your mobile phone in Bluetooth-pairing
mode, select Sena Cavalry in the list of devices
3. If your mobile phone asks for a PIN, enter 0000.
Additional Mobile Phones, GPS, MP3 Player or Sena SR10 Two-Way Radio Adapter
1. Execute Second Mobile Phone Pairing in the Configuration Menu.
2. With your mobile phone in Bluetooth-pairing mode, select Sena Cavalry in the list of devices
3. If your mobile phone asks for a PIN, enter 0000.
Pairing with the Remote Control
1. Turn on the Bluetooth Module and the Remote Control device.
2. Execute Remote Control Pairing in the Configuration Menu.
3. Enter pairing mode in the Remote Control device. The Bluetooth Module will automatically
connect with the Remote Control device in pairing mode. You will hear a voice prompt,
“Remote control connected,” when they are successfully paired.
Note: If you have a GPS device connected, you will not hear its voice navigations during a phone call.
Playing Music with Bluetooth Devices
1. To play or pause music, press and hold the Center Button for 1 second until you hear a double beep.
2. To adjust the volume, tap the (+) Button or the (-) Button.
3. To track forward or back, press and hold the (+) Button or the (-) Button for 1 second.
You can share the music you’re listening to with an Intercom Friend during an intercom conversation. To start or terminate sharing music, press the Center Button for 1 second during an intercom conversation until you hear a double beep. Both you and your Intercom Friend can control music playback.
To erase all of your settings and start fresh, the headset can be restored to factory default settings using the Factory Reset feature in the Configuration Menu.
When the helmet’s Bluetooth Module is not working properly, you can easily reset the unit:
1. Locate the pinhole reset button below the (+) Button.
2. Gently insert a paper clip into the hole and press the Fault Reset Button for 1 second with light pressure.
Note: Fault Reset will not restore the Bluetooth Module to factory default settings.
Up to three people can communicate via intercom with the Cavalry Bluetooth Helmet simply by pairing their headsets.
1. Press and hold the Center Buttons of two Bluetooth Modules for 5 seconds until you hear
the voice prompt, “Intercom pairing.”
2. Tap the Center Button on either Bluetooth Module and wait until the LEDs of both turn blue.
3. Repeat steps 1 and 2 to pair with Intercom Friends C & D.
Additional paired headsets are set up as Intercom Friends. The intercom pairing order is
“Last-Come, First-Served.” To distinguish between multiple headsets paired to the Cavalry Bluetooth Half Helmet for intercom use, Sena designates the headset paired last as Intercom Friend 1. The previous intercom set up is designated Intercom Friend 2; the headset paired prior to Intercom Friend 2 becomes Intercom Friend 3.
You can start or end an intercom conversation with
an Intercom Friend by tapping the Center Button.
1. Tap once for Intercom Friend 1.
2. Tap twice for Intercom Friend 2.
3. Tap three times for Intercom Friend 3.
Starting a Three-Way Intercom Conference
You (A) can have a Three-Way Intercom Conference with two other Intercom Friends (B & C) by establishing two intercom connections simultaneously.
1. Pair your headset (A) with those of two other Intercom Friends (B & C)
2. Start an intercom conversation with one of the two friends in your intercom group. For example, you (A) may start an intercom conversation with the Intercom Friend (B). Or, Intercom Friend (B) may start an intercom call with you (A).
3. Then, you (A) can call the second Intercom Friend (C), or the second Intercom Friend (C) may join the intercom by making an intercom call to you (A).
4. Now you (A) and two Intercom Friends (B & C) are having a Three-Way Intercom Conference.
Group Intercom allows you to instantly create a Multi-Way Conference Intercom with three of the
most recently paired headsets.
1. Pair intercoms with up to three people you want in the Group Intercom.
2. Tap the (+) Button and the (-) Button simultaneously to begin Group Intercom. The alternating blue and red flashing lights indicates that the device is now in Group Intercom mode
and you will hear a voice prompt, “Group intercom.”
3. When all of the headsets are connected together, everyone will hear the voice prompt, “Group intercom connected.”
4. To terminate Group Intercom, press the Center Button for 1 second during Group Intercom.
You will hear a voice prompt, “Group intercom terminated.”
FM Radio On/Off
To turn on or shut off the FM radio, press the (-) Button for 1 second until you hear a double beep.
Scan and Save Radio Stations
The “Scan” function automatically searches for radio stations, starting with the current station’s frequency, then up from there.
1. Press and hold the (+) Button for 1 second to scan for stations.
2. The Sena tuner pauses at each station it finds for 8 seconds before moving to the next.
3. To save the current station, tap the Center Button. The station will be saved as the next preset number.
4. To stop scanning, press the (+) Button for 1 second.
Seek and Save Radio Stations
The “Seek” feature searches for radio stations.
1. Double tap the (+) Button or the (-) Button to search for radio stations.
2. To save the current station, press and hold the Center Button for 3 seconds until you hear the
voice prompt, “Preset (#).”
3. Tap the (+) Button or the (-) Button to navigate through the preset numbers that you want to store.
4. Press and hold the (+) Button for 1 second to save the station in the preset number you choose. Or, press and hold the (-) Button for 1 second to delete the station from memory.