Frequently Asked Questions
By simply pairing your phone with your headset, you can use the SENA
MOTORCYCLES App for quicker, easier set up and management.
• Download the SENA MOTORCYCLES App on Google Play Store or
You can see a live preview from the camera, manage recorded videos
as well as configure the video settings using the built-in Wi-Fi feature.
When the camera and the Sena Camera App are connected, the
camera is synchronized with the smartphone's date and time.
• Download the Sena Camera App on Google Play Store or App
Built-in Wi-Fi in the Headset
• IEEE 802.11 b/g/n/a
• Working distance: within 15 m
Charging the Headset
Powering On Powering Off
You can raise or lower the volume by rotating the Jog Dial clockwise
or counterclockwise. Volume is set and maintained independently at
different levels for each audio source (i.e., phone, intercom), even when
the headset is rebooted.
Volume Up Volume Down
Instructions are for when powering the headset on.
You can change the Video Mode setting and Photo Mode setting
through the Sena Camera App.
Below is a table of approximate video recording times to microSD card
size in specific resolutions and frame rates.
Timelapse Video Mode
Timelapse video records series of photos at timed intervals and makes it
into a video.
Loop Recording Mode
Loop Recording mode continuously records videos to create footages
of assigned length of time (3 minutes). If the memory reaches maximum,
then the oldest footage will be deleted to store the most recent
Initially Pairing the 50C
The headset will automatically enter the phone pairing mode when you
initially turn on the headset or in the following situation:
• Rebooting after executing Factory Reset.
1. Press and hold the Phone Button and the Jog Dial for 1 second.
2. Select 50C in the list of Bluetooth
devices detected. If your mobile
phone asks for a PIN, enter 0000.
1. Press and hold the Jog Dial for 5 seconds.
2. Tap the Phone Button.
3. Tap the Phone Button.
4. Select 50C in the list of devices
detected. If your Bluetooth device
asks for a PIN, enter 0000.
Answer a Call
End a Call
Reject a Call
You can start sharing music with one intercom friend using Bluetooth
stereo music during a two-way intercom conversation and one
participant of a Mesh. If you start sharing music while Bluetooth
intercom and Mesh Intercom are running at the same time, then music
shared during Bluetooth intercom will take priority over music shared
during Mesh Intercom.
When Mesh Intercom is enabled, the 50C will automatically connect to
nearby 50C users and allow them to talk to each other by pressing the
Mesh Intercom Button.
Mesh Intercom On
Mesh Intercom Off
If the Open Mesh communication experiences interference because
other groups are also using channel 1 (default), change the channel.
You can select from channels 1 to 9.
1. Double tap the Mesh Intercom Button.
2. Navigate between channels.
3. Save the channel.
Creating a Group Mesh
Creating a Group Mesh requires two or more Open Mesh users.
Open Mesh Group Mesh
1. To enter Mesh Grouping to create a Group Mesh, press and hold
the Mesh Intercom Button for 5 seconds on the users’ (You, B, and
2. When Mesh Grouping is completed, the users (You, B and C) will
hear a voice prompt on their headset as Open Mesh switches to
One of the current users in an Existing Group Mesh can allow new
users (one or more) in Open Mesh to join the Existing Group Mesh.
Group Mesh Open Mesh Existing Group Mesh
1. To enter Mesh Grouping to join the Existing Group Mesh, press and
hold the Mesh Intercom Button for 5 seconds on the headsets of
one (You) of the current users in the Existing Group Mesh and the
new users (D and F) in Open Mesh.
2. When Mesh Grouping is completed, the new users (D and F) will
hear a voice prompt on their headset as Open Mesh switches to
Open Mesh is an open group intercom function. Users can freely
communicate with each other in the same Open Mesh channel and
select which channel (1-9) to use through the headset.
It can connect with a virtually unlimited number of users in each channel.
Group Mesh is a closed group intercom function that allows users to
join, leave, or rejoin a group intercom conversation without pairing each
headset. Users can freely communicate with each other in the same
private group in Group Mesh.
For closed intercom conversations using Mesh Intercom, a Group
Mesh needs to be created by the users. When users create a private
group in Group Mesh by Mesh Grouping, the headset automatically
switches from Open Mesh to Group Mesh. Up to 24 users can all be
connected in each private group.
If a headset in an Open Mesh or Group Mesh resets the Mesh, it will
automatically return to Open Mesh (default: channel 1).
Up to three other people can be paired with the headset for Bluetooth
There are two ways to pair the headset.
Using the Smart Intercom Pairing (SIP)
SIP allows you to quickly pair with your friends for intercom
communication by scanning the QR code on the SENA
MOTORCYCLES App without remembering the button operation.
1. Pair the mobile phone with the headset.
3. Scan the QR code displayed on your friend (B)’s mobile phone.
• Your friend (B) can display the QR code on the mobile phone by
tapping on the SENA MOTORCYCLES App.
4. Tap Save and check that your friend (B) is paired with you (A)
You can start or end an intercom conversation with an Intercom Friend.
Start/End Conversation with the First Intercom Friend D
Start/End Conversation with the Second Intercom Friend C
Start/End Conversation with the Third Intercom Friend B
Multi-Way Intercom enables conference-call-style conversations with
up to three Intercom Friends at the same time. While Multi-Way
Intercom is in progress, the mobile phone connection is temporarily
disconnected. However, as soon as Multi-Way Intercom terminates, the
mobile phone connection will be reestablished.
Starting a Three-Way Intercom Conference
You (A) can have a Three-Way Intercom Conference with two other
Intercom Friends (B and C) by establishing two intercom connections
1. You (A) need to be paired with two other Intercom Friends (B and
C) for the Three-Way Intercom Conference.
2. Start an intercom conversation with the First Intercom Friend (C) by
tapping the Jog Dial.
3. You (A) can call the Second Intercom Friend (B) by double tapping
the Jog Dial, or the Second Intercom Friend (B) may join the
intercom by making an intercom call to you (A).
4. Now you (A) and two Intercom Friends (B and C) are having a
Three-Way Intercom Conference.
FM Radio On
FM Radio Off
The “Seek” feature searches for radio stations.
1. Search for radio stations.
Seek Stations Forward Seek Stations Backward
2. Save the current station.
Enter Preset Selection Mode
3. Navigate through the preset numbers that you want to store.
Navigate Forward/Backward Through Preset Stations
4. Save the station in the preset number you choose or delete the
station from memory.
Save Station to the Delete Station from
Preset Number Memory
The “Scan” function automatically searches for radio stations, starting
with the current station’s frequency, then up from there.
1. Scan for stations.
2. The Sena tuner pauses at each station it finds for 8 seconds before
moving to the next.
3. Save the current station. The station will be saved as the next preset
Save the Current Station
4. Stop scanning.
The headset supports firmware upgrades. There are two ways to
Using the WiFi Adapter
You can upgrade firmware using the WiFi Adapter.
You can automatically install any available firmware updates to your
headset via your wireless network.
Please refer to the WiFi Adapter Quick Start Guide included in the
When the headset is not working properly, you can easily reset the unit:
1. Locate the Pinhole Fault Reset Button at the back of the headset
2. Gently insert a paperclip into the hole and tap the Pinhole Fault
Reset Button with light pressure.
3. The headset will shut down.
To erase all of your settings and start fresh, the headset can be restored
to factory default settings using the Factory Reset feature.