Frequently Asked Questions
The “Scan” function automatically searches for radio stations, starting with the current station’s frequency, then up from there.
1. Double tap the Phone Button to scan for stations.
Scan and Save Radio Stations
2. The Sena tuner pauses at each station it finds for 8 seconds before moving to the next.
3. To save the current station, tap the Phone Button. The station will be saved as the next preset number
Save the Current Station
To erase all of your settings and start fresh, the headset can be restored to factory default settings using the Factory Reset feature.
- Single Bluetooth module & Mesh Intercom module architecture
- Bluetooth Intercom mode & Mesh Intercom mode
- Supports up to a virtually limitless amount of people in Public Mode
- Supports up to 16 people in Private Mode
- Supports up to 4 people in Bluetooth intercom Mode
- 30K Utility App
- Dual Bluetooth module architecture
- Bluetooth Intercom
- Supports up to 8 people in a multi-way Bluetooth intercom
- Sena Utility App
Mesh Intercom mode - No
Bluetooth Intercom mode - No
The 30K is not able to use the Audio Multitasking feature when it is paired to the Boom! Audio Infotainment system on a Harley-Davidson motorcycle. The Harley-Davidson Boom! Infotainment Audio system on the bike takes priority over all of the lower priority functions of the 30K like Mesh and Bluetooth Intercom, the FM radio, Bluetooth streaming music and GPS directions from a smartphone.
Only the Boom! Audio 30K Bluetooth headset from Harley-Davidson allows the Audio Multitasking feature to be used in Mesh Intercom mode or Bluetooth Intercom mode when paired to Harley-Davidson Boom! Infotainment system.
Mesh Intercom mode - Yes
Bluetooth Intercom mode - Yes
The 30K can use the Audio Multitasking feature when it is in Mesh Intercom mode and Bluetooth Intercom while it is connected to the FreeWire to hear the audio system on a Harley-Davidson or a Honda Gold Wing and talk over the intercom at the same time.
The Boom! Audio 30K was designed to provide the best audio experience when paired and connected to the Harley-Davidson WHIM (Wireless Headset Interface Module).
The first difference is that music and GPS directions will be heard in stereo when the Boom! Audio 30K is connected to the Boom! Audio system on a Harley-Davidson. With the Sena 30K, music and GPS directions will be heard in mono with the Sena 30K.
The second difference is that the Boom! Audio 30K can use the Audio Multitasking feature in Mesh Intercom mode or Bluetooth Intercom mode to allow the rider to talk over the intercom and listen to music and GPS directions from the audio system at the same time. With the Sena 30K, music and GPS directions from the Boom! Audio system on the Harley-Davidson will interrupt all intercom communication on the headset.
Yes. The 30K and the 20S / 20S EVO use the same universal clamp kit for installing on a helmet.
The WiFi Docking Station (or WDS) is a charging dock and will also automatically update the firmware of the main unit. In order for the WDS to check for updates it needs to be setup to connect to your WiFi network. You will only need to perform the WiFi connection one time.
Setup the WiFi Connection
Before you begin you will need to know your in-home WiFi network name (SSID) and password, and that you have assembled the AC power adapter. Later in the setup below it will ask you to plug in the WDS in to the AC wall charger.
1. Open the WIFI Accessories App.
2. Click "Connect New Device" button
3. Connect the WDS to the AC power adapter, and Click Next
4. Go to WiFi Setting and select the network name "SENA WDS-xxxxxx" when it appears. Return to the app after selecting the network name.
5. Verify the settings in app and hit Next to connect to your WiFi network.
6. Select your WiFi name from the list and enter the password.
7. Setup is completed when you see this screen below and the WiFi LED on the docking station will turn to solid blue