Frequently Asked Questions
To power on the headset, press the Center Button and the (+) Button at the same time while hearing ascending beeps and a voice prompt, “Hello”.
To power off the headset, press the Center Button and the (+) Button at the same time while hearing descending beeps and a voice prompt, “Goodbye”.
You can charge the headset by connecting the supplied USB power & data cable into a computer’s USB port or USB wall charger. You can use any standard micro USB cable to charge the unit. You can also charge it on the road using the cigarette charger. The charging LED turns red while charging and turns blue when fully charged. It takes about 2.5 hours to be completely charged.
You can check the battery level by the LED indicator.
When the headset is powering on, the red LED flashes rapidly indicating the battery level.
4 flashes = High, 70 ~ 100%
3 flashes = Medium, 30 ~ 70%
2 flashes = Low, 0 ~ 30%
Voice Prompt indicator.
When you power on the headset, keep pressing the Center Button and the (+) Button simultaneously for about 3 seconds until you hear three, high toned beeps. Then you will hear a voice prompt indicating the
battery level. However, if you release the buttons as soon as the headset turns on, you will not hear a voice prompt for the battery level indication.
You can easily adjust the volume by tapping the (+) Button or the (-) Button. You will hear a beep when the volume reaches the maximum or minimum level. The volume is set and maintained independently at different levels for each audio source even when you reboot the headset. For example, once you set the volume for mobile phone handsfree, it will not change even if you adjust the volume for your Bluetooth MP3 music. However, if you adjust the volume during standby mode, it will affect volume levels of every audio source.
Mobile Phone Pairing - Mobile Phone, Bluetooth Stereo Device
Before using the 10R Bluetooth headset with any other Bluetooth devices for the first time, you will need to pair them together. You can pair the 10R with Bluetooth mobile phones, Bluetooth stereo devices
such as MP3 players, or motorcycle specific Bluetooth GPS navigation, and with other Sena Bluetooth headsets. The pairing operation is required only once for each Bluetooth device. The headset remains paired with the devices and automatically reconnects to them when they are within range. You will hear a high toned single beep and a voice prompt whenever the headset reconnects to the paired device: “Phone connected” to a mobile phone, “Media connected” to a Bluetooth stereo device.
To pair your mobile phone:
1. To enter the voice configuration menu, press and hold the Center Button for 10 seconds until you hear the voice prompt, “Configuration menu”.
2. By tapping the (+) Button, you will hear the voice prompt, “Phone pairing”.
3. Enter 0000 for the PIN. Some mobile phones may not ask for the PIN.
4. The mobile phone confirms that pairing has completed and the 10R is ready to use. You will hear a voice prompt, “Your headset is paired”.
5. If the pairing process is not completed within three minutes, the 10R will return to stand-by mode.
1. Press and hold the Center Button for 10 seconds until you will hear a voice prompt saying “Configuration menu”.
2. Tap the (+) Button until you will hear a voice prompt saying “GPS pairing”.
3. Search for Bluetooth devices on the GPS navigation device. Select the Sena 10R in the list of the devices detected on the GPS.
4. Enter 0000 for the PIN when prompted.
You can remotely control the 10R via Bluetooth using the Handlebar Remote (sold separately). This eliminates the need to take off your hand for button operations. Your 10R and the Handlebar Remote must
be paired together before use.
Pairing with the Handlebar Remote:
1. Turn on the 10R and the Handlebar Remote.
2. Press the Center Button for 10 seconds to enter the configuration menu. Tap the (+) Button until you hear a voice prompt saying, “Remote control pairing”. Press the Center Button to enter into Remote Control Pairing mode and the red LED will flash rapidly and you will hear multiple beeps.
3. On the Handlebar Remote, press the Rear Button for 5 seconds until its LED flashes red and blue. The 10R will automatically perform pairing with the Handlebar Remote in pairing mode. You will hear a voice prompt, “Remote control connected”, when they are successfully connected.
Using the Handlebar Remote
Handlebar Remote button operations on various functions are described in the table below.
You can start sharing music with an intercom friend using Bluetoothstereo music during a two-way intercom conversation. When you terminate music sharing, you can go back to the intercom conversation.
To start or terminate sharing music, press the Center Button for 1 second during an intercom conversation until you hear a double beep. To track forward or track back, press and hold the (+) Button or the (-) Button for 1 second.
Starting Four-way Intercom
You can have four-way conference intercom with three other 10R users by adding one more intercom participant to the three-way intercom. While you are having a three-way intercom as above in section 8.2 , “Three-way Intercom”, a new participant (D), who is an intercom friend of your intercom friend (C), may join the conference intercom by making an intercom call to your intercom friend (C). Please note that in this case, the new participant (D) is an intercom friend of (C), not of you (A).
Ending Four-way Intercom
As same in the case of three-way intercom, you can completely get out of the four-way conference intercom or just disconnect a single intercom connection.
1. Press the Center Button for 3 seconds until you hear a beep to terminate four-way conference intercom. It terminates the intercom connections between you (A), and your intercom friends (B) and (C).
2. Tap or double tap the Center Button to disconnect the intercom connection with one of the two intercom friends accordingly. However, when you disconnect the second friend (C) by double tapping the Center Button, you will be disconnected with the third participant (D) as well. This is because the third participant (D) is connected with you via the second friend (C).