Frequently Asked Questions
Powering On and Off
To power on the headset, press and hold the Center Button and the (+) Button for 1 second. To power off the headset, tap the Center Button and the (+) Button.
The headset can be charged using many common methods via the supplied USB power & data cable. The LED turns red while the headset is charging and turns blue when it is fully charged. Depending upon the charging method, the headset will be fully charged in about 1.5 hours.
Checking the Battery Level
When the headset is powering on, the red LED flashes rapidly
indicating the battery level.
4 flashes = High, 70~100%
3 flashes = Medium, 30~70%
2 flashes = Low, 0~30%
Voice Prompt Indicator
When you power on the headset, keep pressing the Center Button and
the (+) Button simultaneously for about 5 seconds until you hear high
tone triple beeps. Then you will hear a voice prompt indicating the
battery level is high, medium, or low.
You can raise or lower the volume by tapping the (+) Button or the (-) Button. Volume is set and maintained independently at different levels for each audio source, even when the headset is rebooted.
Mobile Phone Pairing - Mobile Phone, Bluetooth Stereo Device
1. To enter the configuration menu, press and hold the Center Button for 10 seconds until you hear the voice prompt, “Configuration menu”.
2. By tapping the (+) Button, you will hear the voice prompt, “Phone pairing”.
3. Search for Bluetooth devices on your mobile phone. Select the Sena SFR in the list of the devices detected on the mobile phone.
4. If your mobile phone asks for a PIN, enter 0000.
1. Turn on the headset and press the Center Button for 10 seconds until you hear high-toned double beeps. You will also hear a voice prompt saying “Configuration menu”.
2. Triple tap the (+) Button and you will hear the voice prompt saying “GPS pairing”.
3. Search for Bluetooth devices on the GPS navigation screen. Select the Sena SF Series in the list of the devices detected on the GPS.
4. Enter 0000 for the PIN.
5. The GPS confirms that pairing has completed and the SF Series are ready to use. You will hear a voice prompt saying “Your headset is paired”.
6. If the pairing process is not completed within three minutes, the SF Series will return to stand-by mode.
Note: When Audio Overlay is enabled, if you pair your GPS device via GPS Pairing, its instructions will not interrupt your intercom conversations, but will overlay with them.
Remote Control Pairing
You can remotely control the headset using Sena Remote Control devices (sold separately).
1. Turn on the headset and the Remote Control device.
2. Execute Remote Control Pairing in the Configuration Menu.
3. Enter pairing mode in the Remote Control device. The headset will automatically connect with the Remote Control device in pairing mode.
Mobile Phone Call Making and Answering
1. To answer a call, tap the Center Button to answer the call.
2. You can also answer the incoming call by loudly speaking any word of your choice if VOX Phone is enabled, unless you are connected to intercom.
3. To end a call, press and hold the Center Button for 2 seconds until you hear a mid-tone single beep.
4. To reject a call, press and hold the Center Button for 2 seconds until you hear a beep while the phone is ringing.
5. To make a call with voice dialer, press and hold the Center Button for 3 seconds in stand-by mode to activate the voice dialer of your mobile phone.
Bluetooth Stereo Music
1. To play or pause music, press and hold the Center Button for 1 second until you hear a double beep.
2. To adjust the volume, tap the (+) Button or the (-) Button.
3. To track forward or track back, press and hold the (+) Button or the (-) Button for 1 second until you hear a beep.
You can start sharing music with an intercom friend using Bluetooth stereo music during a two-way intercom conversation. When you terminate music sharing, you can go back to the intercom conversation.
To start or terminate sharing music, press and hold the Center Button for 1 second during an intercom conversation until you hear a double beep.
1. Both you and your intercom friend can remotely control music playback such as track forward and track back.
2. Music sharing will be paused when you are using your mobile phone or listening to GPS instructions.
3. Music sharing will be terminated if the headset starts a multi-way intercom conference.
4. When Audio Overlay is enabled, if an intercom call is made when you are listening to music, music sharing will not work.
When the SF Series are not working properly or is in faulty status for any reason, you may reset by gently pushing the pin-hole reset button on the back of the main unit. Insert a paper clip into the reset pin-hole and press the reset button for a second with light pressure. The SF Series will be switched off. Restart the system and try again. This will not restore the headset to factory default settings.
The headset can be paired with up to three other headsets for
Bluetooth intercom conversation.
1. Press and hold the Center Button of the headset A and B for 5 seconds until red LEDs of the both units star t to flash rapidly.
2. Simply tap the Center Button of any one of the two headsets A and B, and wait until the LEDs of both headsets turn to blue and intercom connection is automatically established.
3. You can make other pairings between headsets A and C, and between headsets A and D by following the same procedure as above.
4. The intercom pairing queue is ‘Last-Come, First-Served’. If a headset has multiple paired headsets for intercom conversations, the last paired headset is set as first intercom friend. The
previous intercom friend becomes second intercom friend, and third intercom friend.
Starting Two-way Intercom
You can start an intercom conversation with one of any intercom friends by tapping the Center Button: single tap to intercom with the first intercom friend, double tap to intercom with the second intercom friend, and triple tap to intercom with the third intercom friend.
Ending Two-way Intercom
You can end an intercom conversation by using the Center Button. Press and hold the Center Button for 3 seconds to end any intercom. Or, you can single tap to end intercom with the first intercom friend, double tap to end intercom with the second intercom friend, and triple tap to end intercom with the third intercom friend.
Multi-Way Intercom enables conference-call-style conversations with up to three intercom friends at the same time. While multi-way intercom is in progress, mobile phone connection is temporarily disconnected. However, as soon as multi-way intercom terminates, the mobile phone connection will be reestablished.
Starting Three-way Intercom
1. You (A) need to be paired with two other friends (B & C) for three way conference intercom.
2. Start an intercom conversation with one of the two friends in your intercom group.
3. You (A) can call the second intercom friend (C) by double tapping the Center Button, or the second intercom friend (C) may join the intercom by making an intercom call to you (A).
Starting Four-way Intercom
With three intercom friends connected, a new participant (D) can make it a four-way intercom conference by making an intercom call to either (B) or (C).
FM Radio On/Off
To turn on or off the FM radio, press and hold the (-) Button for 1 second until you hear a mid-toned double beep sound.
Scan and Save
1. Press and hold the (+) Button for 1 second.
2. The Sena tuner pauses at each station it finds for 8 seconds before moving to the next.
3. To save a station while scanning frequencies, tap the Center Button at that station. You will hear a voice prompt, “Save preset (#)”. The station will be saved as the next preset number.
1. Double tap the (+) Button or the (-) Button to search up or down the station dial.
2. To save the current station, press and hold the Center Button for 3 seconds until you hear a voice prompt, “Preset (#)”.
3. Tap the (+) Button or the (-) Button, in order to select which preset number you want for that specific station. (You can save up to 10 preset stations.)
4. To save the current station, press and hold the (+) Button for 1 second. You will then hear a voice prompt, “Save preset (#)”.
5. To delete the saved station in the preset number, press and hold the (-) Button for 1 second. You will then hear a voice prompt, “Delete preset (#)”.