Frequently Asked Questions
To power on the headset, press the Center Button and the (+) Button at the same time for 1 second while hearing ascending beeps and a voice prompt, “Hello”.
To power off the headset, tap the Center Button and the (+) Button at the same time while hearing descending beeps and a voice prompt, “Goodbye”.
To enter into remote control pairing mode, tap the (+) Button or the (-) Button until you hear a voice prompt,“Remote control pairing”. Then tap the Center Button to enter into remote control pairing mode. The headset will automatically exit from the configuration menu.
Mobile Phone Call Making and Answering
1. When you have an incoming call, tap the Center Button to answer the call.
2. You can also answer the incoming call by loudly speaking any word of your choice if Voice Activated Phone Answering (VOX Phone) is enabled, unless you are connected to intercom.
3. To end a call, press the Center Button for 2 seconds until you hear a mid-tone single beep, or wait for the called person to end the call.
4. To reject a call, press the Center Button for 2 seconds until you hear a beep while the phone is ringing.
5. There are several ways to make a phone call:
–– Enter numbers on your mobile phone’s keypad and make a call. Then the call is automatically transferred to the headset.
–– In stand-by mode, press the Center Button for 3 seconds, to activate the voice dialing of your mobile phone. For this, the voice dialing function must be available on the mobile phone. Refer to your mobile phone manual for further instruction.
When the SF Series are not working properly or is in faulty status for any reason, you may reset by gently pushing the pin-hole reset button on the back of the main unit. Insert a paper clip into the reset pin-hole and press the reset button for a second with light pressure. The SF Series will be switched off. Restart the system and try again. This will not restore the headset to factory default settings.
You may make a three-way Universal Intercom connection with two SF4s and one non-Sena Bluetooth headset. If the intercom connection is made, all headsets connected cannot use the mobile phone call function since the connection between the headset and the phone is disconnected temporarily. If you disconnect the intercom call, the mobile phone connection is made again automatically so that you can use a mobile phone call function.
1. You (A) need to be paired with a non-Sena Bluetooth headset (B) and another SF4 headset (C) for the three-way conference intercom.
2. Start an intercom conversation with non-Sena Bluetooth headset (B) in your intercom group. For example, you (A) may start an intercom conversation with non-Sena Bluetooth headset (B). The non-Sena Bluetooth headset (B) may also start an intercom call with you (A).
3. The other SF4 (C) may join the intercom by making an intercom call to you (A).
4. Now you (A), non-Sena Bluetooth headset (B), and the other SF4 (C) are having a three-way conference intercom.
5. You may disconnect three-way Universal Intercom using the same way as you do in normal three-way intercom. Please refer to section 8.2.2, “Ending Three-way Intercom”.
“Scan” is the function that automatically searches station frequencies, starting from the current frequency and up. To use the scan function, please follow the procedures below:
1. Press the (+) Button for 1 second. Then the current station frequency moves upward to find other station frequencies.
2. If the tuner finds a station, it stays at the station frequency for 8 seconds, then scanning to the next station frequency.
3. Scan function stops when you press the (+) Button for 1 second again.
4. To save a station while scanning frequencies, tap the Center Button at that station. You will hear a voice prompt, “Save preset (#)”. The station will be saved as the next preset number.
5. All stations preset during “Scan”, will overwrite previously set stations.