Frequently Asked Questions
Press and hold the Center Button and the (+) Button at the same time for 1 second to turn the helmet's Bluetooth System on or off.
The Bluetooth system can be charged using many common methods via the supplied USB power & data cable:
1. Plugged into a computer’s USB port.
2. With a USB-equipped AC adapter via a wall outlet charger.
Depending upon the charging method, the Bluetooth system will be fully charged in about 2.5 hours.
There are two ways to check battery level:
1. Visually, with LEDs when powering on.
2. Audible method: press and hold the Center Button and the (+) Button for more than 6 seconds as the Bluetooth system powers on. A prompt will announce the remaining battery level.
You can raise or lower the volume by tapping the (+) Button or the (-) Button. Volume is set and maintained independently at different levels for each audio source (i.e. phone, intercom), even when the Bluetooth system is rebooted.
1. Execute Phone Pairing in the Bluetooth System Configuration Menu.
Access Phone Pairing in the Bluetooth System Configuration Menu
2. With your mobile phone in Bluetooth-pairing mode, select Momentum INC v1.0 in the list of
3. If your mobile phone asks for a PIN, enter 0000.
1. Execute GPS Pairing in the Bluetooth System Configuration Menu.
Access GPS Pairing in the Bluetooth System Configuration Menu
2. With your Bluetooth device on the GPS navigation screen, select Momentum INC v1.0 in the list of devices detected.
3. If your Bluetooth device asks for a PIN, Enter 0000.
You can remotely control the Bluetooth system using Sena Remote Control devices (sold separately) such as a Handlebar Remote or a Wristband Remote. This eliminates the need to remove your hands from the handlebars for button operations.
1. Turn on the Bluetooth system and the Remote Control device.
2. Execute Remote Control Pairing in the Bluetooth System Configuration Menu.
Access Remote Control Pairing in the Bluetooth System Configuration Menu
3. Enter pairing mode in the Remote Control device. The Bluetooth system will automatically connect with the Remote Control device in pairing mode. You will hear a voice prompt, “Remote control connected” when they are successfully paired.
Enter Pairing Mode
Answer a Call
END/Reject a Call
Make a Call with Voice Dialer
1. To play or pause music, press and hold the Center Button for 1 second until you hear a double beep.
2. To adjust the volume, tap the (+) Button or the (-) Button.
3. To track forward or back, press and hold the (+) Button or the (-) Button for 1 second.
You can share the music you’re listening to with an Intercom Friend during an intercom conversation. To start or terminate sharing music, press the (-) Button for 3 seconds during an intercom conversation until you hear a double beep. Both you and your Intercom Friend can control music playback.
Sharing Music with an Intercom Friend during Intercom Conversation
To turn on the camera system, press and hold the Camera Button for 1 second. To turn off the camera manually, press and hold the Camera Button for 3 seconds.
To start video recording, press and hold the Camera Button for 1 second. To stop video recording, press and hold the Camera Button for 1 second.
Below is a table of approximate video recording times to microSD card size in specific resolutions and frame rates.
- MicroSD cards up to 64GB are compatible. Using a Class 10 microSD card is suggested.
- You cannot record videos without a microSD card.
- Your microSD card needs to be formatted using the camera system before using the camera.
- The camera system gives a warning and automatically stops recording when the microSD card is full or the battery becomes low. Your video will be saved before the camera system powers off.
- If the camera system becomes too hot, it gives a high temperature warning. Cool down the camera system before further use.
- The maximum size per video is limited to 4GB. Therefore, when the video reaches the 4GB size limit during recording, it saves and creates a new video to continue recording.
When you use a new microSD card for the first time, always format it through the Camera System Configuration Menu or the Sena Camera App before using the camera. Formatting the microSD card will remove all files from the card. If you are formatting a microSD card that you have used before, back up anything you want to save before formatting.
Format SD Card
Video Mode (Default: Normal Recording Mode)
You can change the camera configuration settings of the camera system though the Sena Camera App.
In the Camera System Configuration Menu, you can choose the Normal Recording Mode or the Loop Recording Mode for the Video Mode setting.
Up to nine people can communicate via intercom with the helmet simply by pairing their Bluetooth systems.
1. Press and hold the Center Button of two Bluetooth systems for 8 seconds until you hear the voice prompt “Intercom Pairing”.
2. Tap the Center Button on either Bluetooth system and wait until the LEDs of both turn blue.
3. Repeat steps 1 and 2 to pair with Intercom Friends C, D, … and J.
You can start or end an intercom conversation with an Intercom Friend by tapping the Center Button.
1. Tap one for Intercom Friend 1.
3. Tap three times for Intercom Friend 3 through 9 to enter into friend selection mode. Tap the (+) Button or the (-) Button to select a Intercom Friend 3 through 9. Tap the Center Button to initiate an intercom conversation with Intercom Friend 3 through 9.
Group Intercom allows you to instantly create a Multi-Way Conference Intercom of up to eight participants. You can create and start Group Intercom through your Smartphone App.
1. Start your Smartphone App and go to “Group Setting” under “Group Intercom”.
2. Browse your friends, and select up to seven other people you want to group with.
3. Check your friends and press “Save to My Momentum INC Pro” on the screen.
4. Press “Connect” on the screen or tap the (+) and the (-) Button simultaneously to begin Group Intercom.
Start Group Intercom
5. When all of the Bluetooth system are connected together, everyone will hear the voice prompt, “Group Intercom connected”.
6. To terminate Group Intercom, press the Center button for 5 seconds or tap the (+) Button and the (-) Button during Group Intercom. You will hear a voice prompt, “Group intercom terminated.”
End Group Intercom
When the Bluetooth system is not working properly, you can easily reset the unit:
1. Partially pull out the neck roll from the rear side of the helmet.
2. Locate the pinhole reset button as described below.
3. Gently insert a paperclip into the hole and tap the Fault Reset Button with light pressure.
4. The Bluetooth system will shut down.
To erase all of your settings and start fresh, the Bluetooth system can be restored to factory default settings using the Factory Reset feature in the Bluetooth System Configuration Menu.
Access Factory Reset for Bluetooth system in the Bluetooth System Configuration Menu
To turn on or shut off the FM Radio, press the (-) Button for 1 second until you hear a double beep.
FM Radio On
FM Radio Off
The “Seek” feature searches for radio stations.
1. Double tap the (+) Button or the (-) Button to search for radio stations.
Seek Stations Forward
Seek Stations Backward
2. To save to current station, press and hold the Center Button for 3 seconds until you hear the voice prompt, “Preset (#)”.
Enter Preset Selection Mode
3. Tap the (+) Button or the (-) Button to navigate through the preset numbers that you want to store.
Navigate Forward through Preset Stations
Navigate Backward through Preset Stations
4. Press and hold the (+) Button for 1 second to save the station in the preset number you choose. Or, press and hold the (-) Button for 1 second to delete the station from memory.
Save Station to the Preset Number
Delete Station from Memory
The “Scan” function automatically searches for radio stations, starting with the current station’s frequency, then up from there.
1. Press and hold the (+) Button for 1 second to scan for stations.
2. The Sena tuner pauses at each station it finds for 8 seconds before moving to the next.
3. To save the current station, tap the Center Button. The station will be saved as the next preset number.
4. To stop scanning, press the (+) Button for 1 second.