Frequently Asked Questions
Press and hold the Center Button and the (+) Button at the same time for 1 second to turn the helmet's Bluetooth System on or off.
The Bluetooth system can be charged using many common methods via the supplied USB power & data cable:
1. Plugged into a computer’s USB port.
2. With a USB-equipped AC adapter via a wall outlet charger.
Depending upon the charging method, the Bluetooth system will be fully charged in about 2.5 hours.
• Please make sure to take off your helmet while charging. The Bluetooth system automatically turns off during charging.
• Any 3rd party USB charger can be used with Sena products if the charger is approved by either the FCC, CE, IC or other locally approved agencies that Sena accepts.
There are two ways to check battery level:
1. Visually, with LEDs when powering on.
2. Audible method: press and hold the Center Button and the (+) Button for more than 6 seconds as the Bluetooth system powers on. A prompt will announce the remaining battery level.
• When the battery is low while in use, you will hear a voice prompt saying “Low battery”.
• If the Voice Command setting is disabled, press and hold the Center Button and the (+) Button for more than 3 seconds as the Bluetooth system powers on.
You can raise or lower the volume by tapping the (+) Button or the (-) Button. Volume is set and maintained independently at different levels for each audio source (i.e. phone, intercom), even when the Bluetooth system is rebooted.
1. Execute Phone Pairing in the Bluetooth System Configuration Menu.
2. With your mobile phone in Bluetooth-pairing mode, select Momentum INC v1.0 in the list of
3. If your mobile phone asks for a PIN, enter 0000.
1. Execute GPS Pairing in the Bluetooth System Configuration Menu.
2. With your Bluetooth device on the GPS navigation screen, select Momentum INC v1.0 in the list of devices detected.
3. If your Bluetooth device asks for a PIN, Enter 0000.
Note: If you pair your GPS device via GPS Pairing, its instructions will not interrupt your intercom conversations, but overlay with them.
You can remotely control the Bluetooth system using Sena Remote Control devices (sold separately) such as a Handlebar Remote or a Wristband Remote. This eliminates the need to remove your hands from the handlebars for button operations.
Pairing with the Remote Control
1. Turn on the Bluetooth system and the Remote Control device.
2. Execute Remote Control Pairing in the Bluetooth System Configuration Menu.
3. Enter pairing mode in the Remote Control device. The Bluetooth system will automatically connect with the Remote Control device in pairing mode. You will hear a voice prompt, “Remote control connected” when they are successfully paired.
Note: If you have a GPS device connected, you will not hear its voice navigation during a phone call.
1. To play or pause music, press and hold the Center Button for 1 second until you hear a double beep.
2. To adjust the volume, tap the (+) Button or the (-) Button.
3. To track forward or back, press and hold the (+) Button or the (-) Button for 1 second.
You can share the music you’re listening to with an Intercom Friend during an intercom conversation. To start or terminate sharing music, press the (-) Button for 3 seconds during an intercom conversation until you hear a double beep. Both you and your Intercom Friend can control music playback.
To turn on the camera system, press and hold the Camera Button for 1 second. To turn off the camera manually, press and hold the Camera Button for 3 seconds.
To start video recording, press and hold the Camera Button for 1 second. To stop video recording, press and hold the Camera Button for 1 second.
Below is a table of approximate video recording times to microSD card size in specific resolutions and frame rates.
- MicroSD cards up to 64GB are compatible. Using a Class 10 microSD card is suggested.
- You cannot record videos without a microSD card.
- Your microSD card needs to be formatted using the camera system before using the camera.
- The camera system gives a warning and automatically stops recording when the microSD card is full or the battery becomes low. Your video will be saved before the camera system powers off.
- If the camera system becomes too hot, it gives a high temperature warning. Cool down the camera system before further use.
- The maximum size per video is limited to 4GB. Therefore, when the video reaches the 4GB size limit during recording, it saves and creates a new video to continue recording.
Format SD Card
When you use a new microSD card for the first time, always format it through the Camera System Configuration Menu or the Sena Camera App before using the camera. Formatting the microSD card will remove all files from the card. If you are formatting a microSD card that you have used before, back up anything you want to save before formatting.
Note: If you don’t tap the Camera Button within 5 seconds, you will hear a voice prompt saying “Cancel”, and formatting will be cancelled.
Up to nine people can communicate via intercom with the helmet simply by pairing their Bluetooth systems.
1. Press and hold the Center Button of two Bluetooth systems for 8 seconds until you hear the voice prompt “Intercom Pairing”.
2. Tap the Center Button on either Bluetooth system and wait until the LEDs of both turn blue.
3. Repeat steps 1 and 2 to pair with Intercom Friends C, D, … and J.
You can start or end an intercom conversation with an Intercom Friend by tapping the Center Button.
1. Tap one for Intercom Friend 1.
2. Tap twice for Intercom Friend 2.
3. Tap three times for Intercom Friend 3 through 9 to enter into friend selection mode. Tap the (+) Button or the (-) Button to select a Intercom Friend 3 through 9. Tap the Center Button to initiate an intercom conversation with Intercom Friend 3 through 9.
Group Intercom allows you to instantly create a Multi-Way Conference Intercom of up to eight participants. You can create and start Group Intercom through your Smartphone App.
1. Start your Smartphone App and go to “Group Setting” under “Group Intercom”.
2. Browse your friends, and select up to seven other people you want to group with.
3. Check your friends and press “Save to My Momentum INC Pro” on the screen.
4. Press “Connect” on the screen or tap the (+) and the (-) Button simultaneously to begin Group Intercom.
To erase all of your settings and start fresh, the Bluetooth system can be restored to factory default settings using the Factory Reset feature in the Bluetooth System Configuration Menu.
When the Bluetooth system is not working properly, you can easily reset the unit:
1. Partially pull out the neck roll from the rear side of the helmet.
2. Locate the pinhole reset button as described below.
3. Gently insert a paperclip into the hole and tap the Fault Reset Button with light pressure.
To turn on or shut off the FM Radio, press the (-) Button for 1 second until you hear a double beep.
The “Seek” feature searches for radio stations.
1. Double tap the (+) Button or the (-) Button to search for radio stations.
2. To save to current station, press and hold the Center Button for 3 seconds until you hear the voice prompt, “Preset (#)”.
3. Tap the (+) Button or the (-) Button to navigate through the preset numbers that you want to store.
4. Press and hold the (+) Button for 1 second to save the station in the preset number you choose. Or, press and hold the (-) Button for 1 second to delete the station from memory.
The “Scan” function automatically searches for radio stations, starting with the current station’s frequency, then up from there.
1. Press and hold the (+) Button for 1 second to scan for stations.
2. The Sena tuner pauses at each station it finds for 8 seconds before moving to the next.
3. To save the current station, tap the Center Button. The station will be saved as the next preset number.
4. To stop scanning, press the (+) Button for 1 second.