Frequently Asked Questions
The headset will be fully charged in about 1.5 hours. (The charging time may vary depending on the charging method.)
- The headset includes a Fast Charging feature which allows it to charge quickly over a short period of time. For example, a user can get 5 hours of talk time after charging the headset for 20 minutes.
1. To play or pause music, press and hold the Jog Dial for 1 second until you hear a double beep.
2. To adjust the volume, rotate the Jog Dial clockwise or counterclockwise.
3. To track forward or back, rotate while pressing the Jog Dial clockwise or counterclockwise.
You can start sharing music with one intercom friend using Bluetooth stereo music during a two-way intercom conversation and one participant of a Mesh.
Both you and your intercom friend can remotely control music playback such as track forward and track back.
If you start sharing music while Bluetooth intercom and Mesh Intercom are running at the same time, then music shared during Bluetooth intercom will take priority over music shared during Mesh Intercom. The Creator will send a request message to a headset connected during Mesh Intercom and will share music with the first participant that accepts the request.
You can start or end an intercom conversation with an Intercom Friend by tapping the Jog Dial.
1. Tap once for Intercom Friend 1.
Start/End with Intercom Friend 1
2. Tap twice for Intercom Friend 2.
Start/End with Intercom Friend 2
3. Tap three times for Intercom Friend 3.
Start/End with Intercom Friend 3
With three Intercom Friends connected, a new participant (D) can make it a Four-Way Intercom Conference by making an intercom call to either (B) or (C).
Ending Four-Way Intercom
1. Press the Jog Dial for 1 second until you hear a beep to terminate all intercom connections.
2. Tap the Jog Dial to disconnect from your first Intercom Friend. Double tap the Jog Dial to disconnect from your second Intercom Friend.
Group Mesh is a closed group intercom function that allows users to join, leave, or rejoin a group intercom conversation without pairing each headset. Users can freely communicate with each other in the same private group in Group Mesh.
For closed intercom conversations using Mesh Intercom, a Group Mesh needs to be created by the users. When users create a private group in Group Mesh by Mesh Grouping, the headset automatically switches from Open Mesh to Group Mesh. Up to 24 users can all be connected in each private group.
Creating a Group Mesh
Creating a Group Mesh requires two or more Open Mesh users.
1. Enter into Mesh Grouping to create a Group Mesh.
2. The headsets Mesh Grouping and automatically switch from Open Mesh to Group Mesh.
- If the Mesh Grouping is not completed within 30 seconds, users will hear a voice prompt, “Grouping failed”.
- If you want to cancel during the Mesh Grouping, tap the Mesh Intercom Button or Phone Button.
Joining an Existing Group Mesh
One of the members in an Existing Group Mesh can allow new members in Open Mesh to join the Existing Group Mesh.
1. One of the current members and a new member enter into Mesh Grouping to join the Existing Group Mesh.
2. The headsets complete Mesh Grouping. The new members will hear a voice prompt as their headsets automatically switch from Open Mesh to Group Mesh.
If the Mesh Grouping is not completed within 30 seconds, the current members will hear a low tone double beep and the new member will hear a voice prompt, “Grouping failed”.
The “Seek” feature searches for radio stations.
1. Rotate while pressing the Jog Dial clockwise or counterclockwise to search for radio stations.
Seek Stations Forward
Seek Stations Backward
2. To save the current station, press and hold the Jog Dial for 1 seconds until you hear the voice prompt, “Preset (#).”
Enter Preset Selection Mode
The “Scan” function automatically searches for radio stations, starting with the current station’s frequency, then up from there.
1. Double tap the Phone Button to scan for stations.
Scan and Save Radio Stations
2. The Sena tuner pauses at each station it finds for 8 seconds before moving to the next.
3. To save the current station, tap the Phone Button. The station will be saved as the next preset number
Save the Current Station
- Single Bluetooth module & Mesh Intercom module architecture
- Bluetooth Intercom mode & Mesh Intercom mode
- Supports up to a virtually limitless amount of people in Public Mode
- Supports up to 16 people in Private Mode
- Supports up to 4 people in Bluetooth intercom Mode
- 30K Utility App
- Dual Bluetooth module architecture
- Bluetooth Intercom
- Supports up to 8 people in a multi-way Bluetooth intercom
- Sena Utility App
Mesh Intercom mode - No
Bluetooth Intercom mode - No
The 30K is not able to use the Audio Multitasking feature when it is paired to the Boom! Audio Infotainment system on a Harley-Davidson motorcycle. The Harley-Davidson Boom! Infotainment Audio system on the bike takes priority over all of the lower priority functions of the 30K like Mesh and Bluetooth Intercom, the FM radio, Bluetooth streaming music and GPS directions from a smartphone.
Only the Boom! Audio 30K Bluetooth headset from Harley-Davidson allows the Audio Multitasking feature to be used in Mesh Intercom mode or Bluetooth Intercom mode when paired to Harley-Davidson Boom! Infotainment system.
Mesh Intercom mode - Yes
Bluetooth Intercom mode - Yes
The 30K can use the Audio Multitasking feature when it is in Mesh Intercom mode and Bluetooth Intercom while it is connected to the FreeWire to hear the audio system on a Harley-Davidson or a Honda Gold Wing and talk over the intercom at the same time.
The Boom! Audio 30K was designed to provide the best audio experience when paired and connected to the Harley-Davidson WHIM (Wireless Headset Interface Module).
The first difference is that music and GPS directions will be heard in stereo when the Boom! Audio 30K is connected to the Boom! Audio system on a Harley-Davidson. With the Sena 30K, music and GPS directions will be heard in mono with the Sena 30K.
The second difference is that the Boom! Audio 30K can use the Audio Multitasking feature in Mesh Intercom mode or Bluetooth Intercom mode to allow the rider to talk over the intercom and listen to music and GPS directions from the audio system at the same time. With the Sena 30K, music and GPS directions from the Boom! Audio system on the Harley-Davidson will interrupt all intercom communication on the headset.
Yes. The 30K and the 20S / 20S EVO use the same universal clamp kit for installing on a helmet.
The WiFi Docking Station (or WDS) is a charging dock and will also automatically update the firmware of the main unit. In order for the WDS to check for updates it needs to be setup to connect to your WiFi network. You will only need to perform the WiFi connection one time.
Setup the WiFi Connection
Before you begin you will need to know your in-home WiFi network name (SSID) and password, and that you have assembled the AC power adapter. Later in the setup below it will ask you to plug in the WDS in to the AC wall charger.
1. Open the WIFI Accessories App.
2. Click "Connect New Device" button
3. Connect the WDS to the AC power adapter, and Click Next
4. Go to WiFi Setting and select the network name "SENA WDS-xxxxxx" when it appears. Return to the app after selecting the network name.
5. Verify the settings in app and hit Next to connect to your WiFi network.
6. Select your WiFi name from the list and enter the password.
7. Setup is completed when you see this screen below and the WiFi LED on the docking station will turn to solid blue
A factory reset allows you to clear the network settings in the WDS. If you want to restore the WiFi Docking Station to the factory default settings, you can easily reset the unit:
1. Locate the pinhole reset button underneath the docking station.
2. Gently insert a paperclip into the hole and tap the Factory Reset Button with light pressure.
3. The WiFi Docking Station will automatically restart with the three LEDs on.